256,000 2008 Long and Tall Cargo, what's next?

Trayscott

Curious what's next for the high mileage sprinter. Running very good, tuned by Green diesel for about 75,000 miles, what's egr cleaning?:tongue: On my 3rd tune update. Holy cow it runs really strong. 75 mph 19.75 mpg last three tanks
Still has the DPF too.

Mobil 1 5w30,40 or 0w30 since I got it. 4, 0w30 oil changes, all 10,000 miles or less. Oil analysis showed wear metals basically at the level of a new engine apparently.
Transmission at 177,000 by Ryder who I bought it from as well as a starter.
Drive Shaft at about 180,000
Turbo hoses at the same time, belts and glow plug controller.
Updated stabilizer bar bushings done
Michelin MX2's with about 70,000 on them now, tons of tread left, wearing decent
brakes new when bought, new pads this past summer

Rebuilt alternator at 251,000. Took two to get one that has worked great now for 5000 miles. Fortunately it was very reasonable and know the parts store well.
New crank case breather and resonator at 251,000 as well as tensioner and idler pulleys and clutch fan bracket and bearing .
Pulled and resealed rear passenger side injector. Oozing black death. Rest of that side looks great, still have to pull the other side cover to see if any are leaking. No smell

Lower ball joints and one tie rod end a year ago, Koni struts a couple years ago.
Looking at inner tie rods next.

Seems to bounce quite a bit up front. Originally blaming the struts but now thinking a new spring may be in order. Couple hundred from Euro Parts.

I am in no way complaining, I did alot of the above stuff myself. Hoekstra Freightliner in Troy did great work and it was reasonable, parts prices matched Europarts but they don't answer their phone, return messages and are 20 miles through traffic hell to get to.
Local Mercedes dealer is horrible too. So frustration and lots of research and my work went without to many issues. Thank goodness for this forum, Dennis from Linden Engineering and the Jeep forum since they seem to dive right into these engines and not think twice!

What are your high mileage experiences. Thanks

Top Bottom