PDA

View Full Version : BlackStone oil result for sprinter 2.7 L 2006

Pascal
10-02-2008, 02:42 AM
Hello,

I wanted to share my oil report with you guys. I have a 2006 sprinter, 140 wb high roof, 3500. So far 51,000 miles, original breaks, normal services no problems so far.

Altered Sprinter
10-02-2008, 07:24 AM
Good to hear an engine running to perfect tune for once:thumbup:
Richard

Pascal
10-05-2008, 03:45 AM
On the report the oil should be Mobil 1 0w40 and not 15w40. Everything else is ok.

contractor
10-07-2008, 12:57 AM
Thanks Pascal.

I have the same engine, same year, and use the same oil so this was informative. I will however be changing to Mobil 1 Delvac 5w-40 on the next change (No problems - I just have read many positive comments about this oil).

stp57
10-07-2008, 12:38 PM
If you read Blackstone's take on synthetic vs dino oil, you will see that they don't subscribe to the belief that synthetic is superior. If fact, they use dino oil in their fleet of vehicles.
Steve

rlent
10-07-2008, 04:32 PM
If you read Blackstone's take on synthetic vs dino oil, you will see that they don't subscribe to the belief that synthetic is superior.
Uhhhh ....... mebbe your're reading a different FAQ than I am .... or reading something else on their site ....... but no where did I read Blackstone saying that synthetic oil wasn't superior ....... mostly just that they personally used dino oil .... and that it met their needs.

..... it could be they don't run extended OCI's and therefore change their oil often .....

...... could be they're all running bypass filtration setups ........ who knows ..... ?

If your're planning on changing your oil every 3K or 6K miles, then yeah - synthetic oil probably ain't buying you a whole lot - at least not as much as it could if you were trying to go 15K miles.

OTOH, if you are running extended oil change intervals, I personally wouldn't use anything other than synthetic. :2cents: