Tunja Black vs Leatherette upholstery

Dave D

Hi All,

I can still change some options on my 4x4 144 Sprinter order and was wondering what others experience and recommendations are regarding the two current upholstery choices; Tunja Black fabric or Leatherette. The dealer said the center panel on the leatherette actually breaths better than the Tunja fabric, but I haven't spent much time with either. Our van would be for people hauling/camping.

Thanks, David

jme3505

2019 Gas Transit
I second the hatred of the cloth seats........We have a white dog. What was I thinking!!!
Another item I wish I had ordered was steering wheel mounted controls...I thought it came with a package....Nope.

Dave D

Thanks for the feedback. I'd been planning on the Tunja until the dealer said that the Leatherette center sections were breathable.

4wheels

Thanks for the feedback. I'd been planning on the Tunja until the dealer said that the Leatherette center sections were breathable.
If dealer said ... Unless they have new seats now , but my 2014 sp. order are not brethable and 2008 Passenger were the same. After driving for like 8+ hours my back is wet. Literally. I now have australian sheepsking seat cover and I like it.
So, order leatherette seats , it is only $70 more , looks much better , cleaning is much easier and will last x2 , just do not expect it to be breathable

Jmolan

I like leatherette. We strapped two car seats down for 12 days and had kids in there for long hours. Spilled all kinds of crud. They cleaned up easy and are very tough. They seem industrial nice vs. plush nice.

dynaco1

The leatherette front seats make me sweat. Had them recovered with aftermarket fake leather....no more sweating. The cloth front seats do not make me sweat.

Top Bottom