madison/Jefferson wi

Anyone know of a good sprinter service shop around here .
I'm have the not start problem where people talk about replacing fuse box on column I did that and didn't work
I see there is some wires cut and two replies in stall no clue what this is for

Thanks for any work I get

2004 sprinter 2500

jmoller99

Own a DAD ODB2 Unit.
Fuse 7 (15 Amps) under the steering column will cause no start problems if its blown or making bad connections (in case you didn't use all new fuses).

The relay (usually the Grey one under the seat) is your starter relay - if that is not energizing, you will never get power to the starter motor. Is that Relay's coil open? Is there power getting to it to energize it when you turn the key (the ignition switch may have failed). Use a Volt meter to check if its being energized.

Make sure no ignition wires from the ignition switch to where it plugs into the fuse box are cut.

There are also 2 relays at the bottom of the fuse box under the steering column. Swap them (one is for the turn signals). If it starts and your turn signals now don't work, replace both of these relays with new ones. If the turn signals work with both relays, then they are likely both fine,

jmoller99

Own a DAD ODB2 Unit.
There is also a corrosion issue with the wire from the starter that goes to ignition relay. Consider disconnecting the wire that goes to the starter and replacing the connector (Clean up everything it connects to while you are at it).

All of the things I suggested have already been suggested by someone else and have fixed other peoples problems. Always search and read thru what others have done.

Last edited:

Fudgefactor

2004 OM647 3500 C-Cab
You might try:

Huckstorf Diesel
9745 South 58th Street
Franklin, Wisconsin 53132
414-421-7222
800-776-7102

http://www.hdiesel.com

I used them last week to reseat an injector. I thought that their prices were fair. I was in and out in 2 hours.

Top Bottom