Please Help: Best Place to Install Side Ladder

Wanderweg

Converting to Adventure
Hi all. Maybe a unique situation. I needed some help determining the safest and sturdiest locations to bolt the supports on a side ladder for a low-roof 2014 Sprinter. I need the ladder because I have a CCV pop-top on this van. I'm supposing anywhere where there's a "rib on the inside. I'm a newbie so Idunno. Thanks for any help.

As nobody has answered.

Most of the stress on those aftermarket vehicle ladders is downward, or shear from the weight of the person using it. Most anywhere on the side should be strong enough as to metal strength. Be certain to use a good sealant so moisture doesn't creep in and cause rust around the fasteners.

Not that you asked...
Ladders mounted on the sides of vehicles are often subject to getting damaged. On the back is the better location if that will work at all for you.

vic

Wanderweg

Converting to Adventure
Thanks Vic. I needed to mount on the side to access the rocket box. I'm hesitant to actually climb on the roof of the fiberglass top to open if I was to put the ladder in the back. We'll see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Vic. I needed to mount on the side to access the rocket box. I'm hesitant to actually climb on the roof of the fiberglass top to open if I was to put the ladder in the back. We'll see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I recall stainless steel ladders that have keyhole receiver brackets to accept the four points of ladder support to drop into. That allows the ladder to be installed and removed for use with only the receiver brackets left attached during travel.

It may have been intended for boats, or maybe I saw it on an RV? Anyway, a detachable ladder may work better assuming that you have a storage location.

:cheers: vic

dynaco1

I have been giving serious consideration to the Aluminess side-mount ladder. However, I have also considered the potential damages and liabilities if some unknown drunken fool were to climb up my ladder onto my roof to perform a steel-denting dance only to fall off and break his neck.

Top Bottom