Scangauge: Unable to get data for custom Catalyst Temp gauge

WestyToSMB

I’m having trouble getting data to appear for a particular custom gauge on my Scangauge II. The van is a 2015 4x4 Sprinter cargo van, and the gauge is the Catalyst Temperature. There are 8 variations of the Catalyst Temperature gauge for CANSF vehicles, as listed in the Scangauge support web pages. In a different forum thread, smiller has successfully used this gauge. Whenever I set up any one of the 8 gauges, I just have a blank space where the data is supposed to appear for that gauge. To prove that I understand how to add a custom gauge correctly, I set one up for Horsepower, and that worked fine.

Has anyone else (preferably with a 2015 3.0 liter engine) been able to get the Catalyst Temp gauge working?

I am including the parts of the original post from smiller below, as taken from:
https://sprinter-source.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43237&highlight=catalytic&page=12

I have started watching catalyst temp (you can watch inlet or outlet temp, doesn't seem to make much of a difference) on my Scangauge in order to be able to see when a DPF regen is in progress and thus avoid interrupting it. An occasional interruption doesn't matter but for vehicles stopped and started often it can eventually amount to a problem. Unfortunately unlike the vehicle in the training video MB doesn't seem to provide any DPF-related warnings to the driver.
Thanks for this idea Smiller. My 2015 4x4 is just shy of 700 miles now (got it last week), so I'm hoping to observe regen by creating a custom gauge on my new Scangauge II. I found CDF as a catalyst gauge for CANSF engines, and created a gauge for the first of the 10 or so catalyst temperature sensors listed. I'm getting a blank data read-out for that gauge. Does it sound like I am monitoring the same sensor you found?
X-Gauge parameters for Bank 1, Sensor 1 (pre-cat) are:

TXD: 07DF013C
RXF: 0441053C0000
RXD: 2810
MTH: 00090032FFD8

and Bank 1, Sensor 2 (post-cat) are:

TXD: 07DF013E
RXF: 0441053E0000
RXD: 2810
MTH: 00090032FFD8

As to which is best, I dunno. I originally expected post-cat to be higher but I've monitored them both during a regen and they are fairly close, maybe pre-cat was slightly higher on average which kind of surprised me. But bottom line, take your pick, it doesn't seem to matter... during normal operation you'll see temps in the 400-600F range and when regen starts you'll see 1100-1300F so it's pretty obvious. The process seems to last about 10 minutes or thereabouts.

TooMuchHair

I want to do the same thing. I'm not even sure how to enter the info into the Scanguge II for the X-gauge option, just started looking into it and noticed the post from Westy. I have a 2015 3.0 V6. Appreciate any help I can get, I'm much better at welding or fabricating etc. than digital related issues.

sailquik

Guys,
Might want to send an email to Linear Logic about this.
They are normally quite helpful.
Perhaps the difference is that both of you have 2015 Sprinters with the latest iteration of the
OM-641 3.0 liter V6 engine which may have some differences in the 2008 Dodge/Freightliner Winnebago
View that smiller is getting results on the catalyst temp with his Scan Gauge II.
Quite a number of things changed with the introduction of the BlueTech SCR/DEF and other emissions
control systems in 2010.
Hope this helps,
Roger

Top Bottom