Water Coolant Loss

Giver123

Giver123
Hello group

About six months ago now I had both of my intake manifolds replaced along with the oil cooler. Over the past three months I have been experiencing water coolant loss. About once a month I have to replace about one quart of water in the reservoir. It is a extremely slow water coolant loss. I've looked at all the hoses and radiator and I cannot find any leaks at all. I always check the ground under the engine for any wet spots but the ground is dry.

My question is, could this loss of coolant water be a bad result when they replaced my intake manifolds?

Thank you

chromisdesigns

Yes have you checked go see if there is coolant in your oil? That could happen it it could be going out the exhaust nit good for cats in that case

Giver123

Giver123
Yes have you checked go see if there is coolant in your oil? That could happen it it could be going out the exhaust nit good for cats in that case
Thanks for the tip but wouldn't you know it I found the leak:lol: I guess it's true when they say leaks will get worse through time. Lately I got the habit of checking under my vehicle before I pull out of anywhere I might be. Today while coming out of the drugstore I seen about a quarter of a pint of water and still dripping under the engine. I pop the hood and seeing water dripping from a hose end just to the rear of the oil filter. I quickly grabbed a single slot screwdriver and tightened the screw clamp which was very loose. Just a couple quick turns and the leak immediately stopped. I think I'll replace that hose and screw clamps.

Thanks for being there and happy new year!!!

Top Bottom