PDA

View Full Version : OBD 2 connector

SJanuary
12-31-2015, 11:48 PM
I have purchased 2016 Thor citation. I have put a few hundred miles on it just to discover I can't keep track of engine oil pressure, water temp, volts and so forth. So, I purchased a scan gauge 2 as I have read a lot of people have. I went to do an install and I can't find the OBD2 connector. I have looked in the obvious place up around the brake pedal area. Has it been placed in another location? Thanks for the help. Scott

icarus
12-31-2015, 11:50 PM
I believe it is under a little cover on the far left side of the dash, above your left knee, if they haven't changed it recently.

Icarus

SJanuary
01-01-2016, 11:10 PM
Well it is under the plastic OBD cover on the drivers side, but is also under the plastic fuse cover. If your going to use a scan gauge all the time then you will have to modify the plastic fuse cover. Not a big deal, but when you think the connector is out in the open like most, might throw you off. Anyway thanks for the reply....scott

smiller
01-01-2016, 11:18 PM
You do not have to modify the fuse compartment cover, instead you can detach the female ODBII connector and let it hang free inside the fuse compartment. This will allow enough room to mate the connectors with the door in place.

pfflyer
01-02-2016, 12:17 AM
Or you could get a RA adapter sold on Amazon like this http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007PBHF8M?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage
Not sure if they changed the picture or not on Amazon but when I first purchased it the picture on Amazon was different than what I received. The one I received the cord would come out the front instead of the back so the cover would close. Amazon sent me another one that was correct and said I could keep the wrong one. Turns out I needed another 4" and the wrong adapter was just the right length.
Long story short look at the picture to see when connected would have the cable towards the firewall.

KC8RXQ
01-18-2016, 12:50 AM
Well it is under the plastic OBD cover on the drivers side, but is also under the plastic fuse cover. If your going to use a scan gauge all the time then you will have to modify the plastic fuse cover. Not a big deal, but when you think the connector is out in the open like most, might throw you off. Anyway thanks for the reply....scott

SJanuary,

Have you installed the Scan gauge and are you satisfied with the information that you have access to? Any shortcomings and did you evaluate other systems?

Thanks,

SJanuary
02-02-2016, 03:43 AM
Sorry for the delayed response, the tool has been great. I bought the scan gauge that came with a mount and it worked great. I fished the cable up by the speaker next to the windshield and it works and looks good. I wanted to monitor H20,volts and so forth. It does many other things. Anyway it does everything it says it can do and it is not all that much money. Scott