P0380 Code

e117063

I had a P0380 code this morning. It was sluggish but is running fine now. According to the Code List it was either Glow Plug Circuit Perf or Intake Air Heater Relay No. 1 Control Circuit. What are these and what do I need to do?

Thanks,
John

talkinghorse43

Anything different about the preheating (spring-like) light? Did it come on after first going off? If it did, about how long did it stay lit?

poiuytrewq

I get the P0380 Code once a month- with 2 other codes that indicate plug # 1 and 4 faULTS. bUT I HAVE NO NOTICEABLE DIFFERENCE IN PERFORMANCE. This has been going on for 6 months with no issues. I am to frightened to change the 2 glow plugs, i have them but it seems that so many people try to change them and they break off in the head.

mackconsult

Last Friday just before my "boys weekend" road trip up to Mt. Hood I had a check engine light go on :thumbdown:.

Went to my buddies at Tire Factory and they reported P0380 and P0637. Had them clear the error codes, and it didn't return all weekend. I have made a mental note to look into replacing glow plugs this winter. I have 73k miles on my 05, and it has lived all its life here in the PNW.

This is more an informational post than anything.

Weekend turned out great. The sprinter hauled 1.5 chord of wood to my father in laws cabin :D:.

mackconsult

Check engine light came back on. Looks like I will be replacing the glow plugs this winter. It's either that I will search the forum on how to "check" them and only replace the ones that need replacing.

autostaretx

Erratic Member
I get the P0380 Code once a month- with 2 other codes that indicate plug # 1 and 4 faULTS. bUT I HAVE NO NOTICEABLE DIFFERENCE IN PERFORMANCE. ...
Failure of the glow plugs will have no impact on -driving- performance.

Their job is to make cold starts easier.

--dick

Zymurgy

Buckeye Zymurgist
Failure of the glow plugs will have no impact on -driving- performance.

Their job is to make cold starts easier.

--dick
I have had the same glow plug code come on for at least 2 years now. I always happen for me when I drive it a short distance and shut it off cold. It hasn't effected my starting at all but I have a block heater I plug in when the temp drops below 30. I feel in this case if it's not broke don't fix it.

I get the glow plug code from time to time, but it seems to have gone away for a while. Van always still starts, just leaves me with a sig light. If it was persistent, I'd do something about it, and it's made me nervous with winter coming, but so far, so good.

Top Bottom