Winterizing a 2010 LTV Free Spirit

Iryshe

I'm getting ready to winterize a 2010 Free Spirit and would like to know if anyone has personally done this. My Free Spirit manual provides instructions for winterization by using air pressure to blow the lines. I like this approach better than using pink antifreeze as it leaves a nasty taste in the water even after running several tankfuls through the system. My question is: how many lbs of air pressure will the water lines will tolerate? Any other advice would be welcomed. :)

chromisdesigns

I'm getting ready to winterize a 2010 Free Spirit and would like to know if anyone has personally done this. My Free Spirit manual provides instructions for winterization by using air pressure to blow the lines. I like this approach better than using pink antifreeze as it leaves a nasty taste in the water even after running several tankfuls through the system. My question is: how many lbs of air pressure will the water lines will tolerate? Any other advice would be welcomed. :)
You only need about 25 lbs of pressure to blow out the water, which is well below normal water pressure. Do it several times as each blowdown doesn't get all of the water.

Iryshe

Success! And not a moment too soon. Nighttime temps here in Southern Oregen are below freezing now with lots of snow. I was able to get the job done while it was dry and 60 degrees!

By the way, we were in Monterey two weeks ago at the end of our last trip this year and stayed at the Monterey Pines Golf Course campground. Pleasant experience.

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:

Top Bottom