Too many issues, has to be something in common

bmfrc

Hey everyone!
We have a 2007 Sprinter 3500, roughly 150,000 miles on the clock. Our boss sent it to a :censored: mechanic about 6 months ago, because it would not run over 25 mph. Mechanic brings it back to us after 3 months, says he replaced the transmission and all is good. We go to drive it and of course, it is not fixed. So he takes it back, only to sit on it for 3 more months. I finally got it back today, not repaired, and now with many more issues. On the drive home, it had good power, but never shifted out of first gear. After 3 or 4 minutes of driving, I could tell the turbo cut out, then it would hardly run 20 mph. It has no brake lights, no head lights, no turn lights, no dome lights, no windshield wipers, and will not shift out of park. It seems like there is some common issue here? Maybe a bad ignition switch, or a break in a harness somewhere? I couldnt find much on these issues... Any one else ever experience something like this?

lindenengineering

Hey everyone!
We have a 2007 Sprinter 3500, roughly 150,000 miles on the clock. Our boss sent it to a :censored: mechanic about 6 months ago, because it would not run over 25 mph. Mechanic brings it back to us after 3 months, says he replaced the transmission and all is good. We go to drive it and of course, it is not fixed. So he takes it back, only to sit on it for 3 more months. I finally got it back today, not repaired, and now with many more issues. On the drive home, it had good power, but never shifted out of first gear. After 3 or 4 minutes of driving, I could tell the turbo cut out, then it would hardly run 20 mph. It has no brake lights, no head lights, no turn lights, no dome lights, no windshield wipers, and will not shift out of park. It seems like there is some common issue here? Maybe a bad ignition switch, or a break in a harness somewhere? I couldnt find much on these issues... Any one else ever experience something like this?
What a DISASTER!
The first issue is that the guy who had it didn't have the training nor scan tool to analyses the problems, that's your common issue!
I won't say that the Sprinter are difficult to fix but they present repair challenges that some are not suitably trained to tackle. Either they lack product knowledge or the investment in the tools to fix them.
My suggestion is to first get it to a MB Sprinter garage in your area for a scan diagnosis at least then publish the results on this forum. I would however be inclined to get them to fix it or ship it to a shop that CAN fix It.
Remember if man made it man can fix it!
All the best
Dennis

hayduke

2005/2006 leisure travel
Reminds me of the time I brought a Corvette in for a transmission problem.The dealer had it for 4 months.There were still problems,and I brought it back to the same dealer,under warranty.I saw the "secret" worksheet where the second mechanic queried: what kind of f****** idiot was in here before?

lindenengineering

Reminds me of the time I brought a Corvette in for a transmission problem.The dealer had it for 4 months.There were still problems,and I brought it back to the same dealer,under warranty.I saw the "secret" worksheet where the second mechanic queried: what kind of f****** idiot was in here before?
Hoh Hoh Hoh -----Seasonal Greetings !!!:lol:
Sounds like my morning swan song when I lift the hood of some TOED just towed in~!:rolleyes:
Cheers Dennis

Top Bottom