PDA

View Full Version : Finally happened!

N8sk8lee
09-17-2008, 06:32 PM
Diesel just went cheaper than Unleaded in the north Chicago burbs. Diesel $4.29 per gallon, Reg Unleaded at $4.34 per gallon. I think that Hurricane Ike shutting down the gas refineries had the most to do with it, as gas prices spiked up 15-20 cents. But this is the first time since buying my Sprinter in July that I have seen diesel cheaper than gas. A side note-about 3K miles on the 144" WB Wagon version so far, averaging 20 mpg combined city and hwy miles. Happy overall, best way to haul the family around, and safe and comfy too!

05highroof
09-27-2008, 01:21 AM
I found Diesel (Sunoco) in my area (southeast PA/MD border) for $3.89. Still about 15 cents more then super unleaded.

Altered Sprinter
09-27-2008, 02:49 AM
INTERESTING HOW YOUR FUEL FLUCTUATES SO MUCH WE PAY MORE DOWN UNDER BUT IT'S HARDLY MOVED FOR OVER A MONTH, SORT OF LIKE BP [CURRENT PRICES] DECIDED TO LOCK IT IN AT AU$130.00 A BARREL.

BRISBANE PRICES QUEENSLAND9825 HOBART AU $1.71 A LITRE STILL:idunno:
DIFFERENCE IS.. DON'T DO THE MILES DOWN UNDER IN TAS SO IT'S SORT OF A TRADE OFF FOR LIFE STYLE. WHAT REALLY ANNOYS ME UNLEADED E10 COSTS AU$ 1.08 A LITRE AT THE AIRPORT BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE SERVICE STATIONS! ALL OF THEM. AND THE BEST DEAL IN TOWN AT THE AIRPORT. CLAIM THE TAX BACK GST, AND IT'S WELL UNDER A DOLLAR A LITRE.
RICHARD.
ADDING THOUGHT UNLEADED E10 IS CHEAPER AT THE AIRPORT THAN WHAT YOU GUYS ARE PAYING RETAIL PER GALLON..THAT'S A FIRST.