Advice on Hauling Spare Transportation

DougE

In my old age I need to take my pit stop capabilities with me so I'm looking very hard at Class B's. Right now I'm focused on 2006 Sprinter's with the I5 engine as maybe having better longevity than the more modern V6. At a minimum I would like to take a scooter (less than 400#) on a receiver carrier along as a secondary form of transportation at my destinations. It would be nice, although not absolutely necessary, to tow my CJ7 to a nat'l park that's about 400 miles away, for something better to run the back roads. Your experiences - good or bad?

Rob S

2018 Navion 24G IQ on 2016 Sprinter
If you can find a nice class B, then great, for one person, that would be just fine

You could also consider a View or Navion, as they are also quite fine to drive around in, and you could also consider 2007-2009 as long as it does not have the DEF system, and install a GDE tune to eliminate most of the troublesome components.

We have a 2008 Navion J, and it has been working great for us, short trip, long trips, great mileage, fridge, stove, bed, and potty always nearby. The dinette slide makes a small camper into a quite roomy space to spend your evenings.

Top Bottom