Identify this broken part, please

aldsmith3

I removed the headlights on my 2006 T1N to do some work on them and found a broken Bosch bracket of some sort. You can see the close-up of the broken bracket and the 2nd picture is of the cavity from hence it came...

The third photo is a close-up of the cavity - to the lookers left of the black, wrapped wires is a hole for the screw I also found that fits the broken bracket.

Can anyone identify what this is for???

I appreciate the help!

Attachments

Last edited:

NelsonSprinter

Former Nelson BC Sprinter
Yes, both my wiper arms snapped near the bottom like this , this is the broken lower connecting part of the wiper arm

aldsmith3

Thanks for the help. I am trying to get it running. I haven't done any detective work on it (I bought the van about a month ago - am slowly picking off things on "the list"). I know it isn't running because when the button on the dash is pushed (red light goes on) and no smoke or noise comes from the tiny muffler hidden in the wheel well...

That is what I'm looking for, correct?

aldsmith3

Yes, both my wiper arms snapped near the bottom like this , this is the broken lower connecting part of the wiper arm
Great thanks for the help. I wouldn't have placed this. Was looking at the wiper arm motor area, couldn't detect where this might have snapped off. Does the wipers still function properly with this broken bracket?

vanski

If it’s winter, I’m probably skiing..
Thanks for the help. I am trying to get it running. I haven't done any detective work on it (I bought the van about a month ago - am slowly picking off things on "the list"). I know it isn't running because when the button on the dash is pushed (red light goes on) and no smoke or noise comes from the tiny muffler hidden in the wheel well...

That is what I'm looking for, correct?
Ultimately, yes. Start by hitting the very bottom button, the REST button, then go out and put your hand on the water circulation pump. It's located behind and above the fuel filter. You will see the coolant lines coming in and going out. If that's not running, there's a chance someone tried to run it without water running circulating through and it over heated. Honestly, it seems like only 10% or so of the heater boosters work after a few years (from my observations on the forum and going to a Sprinter wrecking yard and testing around 10 of them).

NelsonSprinter

Former Nelson BC Sprinter
Great thanks for the help. I wouldn't have placed this. Was looking at the wiper arm motor area, couldn't detect where this might have snapped off. Does the wipers still function properly with this broken bracket?
This is the wiper arm that holds the wiper blades, if you have two wipers on your window, it's been replaced. It's not a part of the wiper motor assembly

aldsmith3

Ultimately, yes. Start by hitting the very bottom button, the REST button, then go out and put your hand on the water circulation pump. It's located behind and above the fuel filter. You will see the coolant lines coming in and going out. If that's not running, there's a chance someone tried to run it without water running circulating through and it over heated. Honestly, it seems like only 10% or so of the heater boosters work after a few years (from my observations on the forum and going to a Sprinter wrecking yard and testing around 10 of them).
I've tried this, nada. It is easy to believe that a lot of Sprinters go this route. I have seen other threads talking about Espar (https://sprinter-source.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13601, etc.)

Have you had luck replacing yours? It would be critical to starting in cold temps (aside from having a heater installed in the engine block - which requires shore power).

Thanks for the help!

Top Bottom