Aftermarket Headlight advice...

Jamescell

I just put that exact set on my van, everything works just like the non fog light version but there is a hole where there is normally a plug for the fog lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aldsmith3

Great, thanks for chiming in on that. Sounds like everything bolted-up just fine?

Also, was it plug and play with the existing wiring harness that plugs into the headlight housing? On the eBay item description it says no wiring is included...I was trying to make sense of that: is it no wiring harnesses and wiring inside the housing for all the bulbs, or no wiring period.

Thanks and cheers

NelsonSprinter

Former Nelson BC Sprinter
I got these 3 yrs ago and interior wiring was included, just plug in connector. But mine came from Europe so the turn signal socket had 1 filament for turn and no park/running light so required a wire fix. Make sure it's for LHD sprinters. Mine had no side amber reflector so I added a sticker reflector , and the auto aiming motor doesn't fit, European part shops sell the Euro motor if wanted.
Very happy with fit and light output

Attachments

Last edited:

misterbond10

I've always wondered if one could 'reverse' the headlight leveling feature. Example: level 1 would be at where level 4 used to be, then if you were driving in the country and wanted a longer beam you could bump it up to 2, 3, or 4

aldsmith3

Mine were from a us seller..

http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/281842614383

They bolted right in, plugged right up and work 100% like they should. No lamps came with them and you will need your turn signal lamp holders..

I got the gumption for a winter project (van is parked in winter, plus Espar/booster heater isn't working so warm-up seems quite arduous in cold Colorado winter temps) and took my headlights out of the van. I'm going to work on "cleaning" them up - a wet sand of the lenses and work on the cracked wiring inside the housing. I originally desired to replace my headlamps because the driver side has stopped working - fuses seems OK and I need to check relays, etc. yet (lot of info in other posts on this). My guess is my wiring is shorting, need to test with multimeter 1st (new to multimeter use so I am slow at making this happen).

Alas, thanks Forum users for the help and advice.
Cheers,

Mine were from a us seller..

http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/281842614383

They bolted right in, plugged right up and work 100% like they should. No lamps came with them and you will need your turn signal lamp holders..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm going to revive this thread as I am needing new headlights for my '06 View Motorhome. The LH side headlight has the two lower mount tabs broken so it is just hanging from the top two, and both lights have a minor amount of weathering. Mine have fog lights and also have a motorized up and down adjustment (is this for the fog lights?)

It appears that these lights are like the ones that the OP bought that don't have the amber side reflector. Did the parking light and turn signal work properly on the ones Jamescell bought?

I can get exact replacments for the original, with the fresnals in the lens (Hella replacements) on Ebay but they are about $200 each and I would like the more modern look of these Euro versions. I just want to stick in bulbs (two T1's and a T7 ??) and the park turn light and not have to do a bunch else to make it work.

Charles

israndy

2007 LTV Serenity
I just got aftermarket fixtures for my Jeep, very popular option. The best part was they are projector so I can put in xenon bulbs and not blind the people in front of me. The Jeep can now illuminate a deer from 300 feet or more. Wish I could get this for the Sprinter. Need to polish the lenses on the Sprinter to get as much light of out them as I can, on my list.

-Randy

Charles, take a look at these from Rock Auto:https://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=4821813&cc=1434748&jnid=490&jpid=10

They are listed for $152.00 and the part numbers do coincide with the Dodge part numbers.

Bruce

P.S. Let us know what you end up getting. I've polished mine out 3 times now with good results, but they may not last much longer.
Bruce, I was trying to do some cross checking and the lamp you link to lists 5124510AA as the OEM number. Factory Chrysler Parts lists this number as.... LAMP. Left. Headlamp Park And Turn. . [LNJ,MGQ], [LNJ], [LNJ] [4XS], [LNJ] [MGQ].
LAMP. Headlamp Park And Turn. Left. [LNJ,MGQ]. . "Fog Lamps"+"Freightliner Badge". Required: 001, and of course, the Freightliner has a light that is slightly different size than the Dodge and I think I read, leaves a gap around it when installed in a Dodge. The same catalog page lists the Dodge number as 5124529AA for the "Fog light + Dodge badge".:wtf::thinking:

Hella's online catalog is VERY difficult to manipulate and understand, typical Euro cryptic stuff. The Hella US office and warehouse is about 20 miles from me in Peachtree City.:hmmm:

Carid listed the Freightliner headlights w/fog (Hella) as being 246040031 and 246040041 on Ebay.... but shows they are no longer available...........

I may just order the Hella 47005031 and 247005041 and see how they fit (using paper or cloth to protect them so they don't get scratched or dirty and are returnable.

Charles

bc339

Here are the p/n's for the MB headlights with foglight option from the MB EPC:
A 901 820 35 61 Left side Dodge p/n 5124529AA
A 901 820 36 61 Right side 5124531AA

These are also listed in the Dodge parts manual. They are not listed in the Rock Auto description for the Hella headlights. So you may be on to something for fitting Freightliner.

Bruce

glasseye

A warning to others who may be considering European versions of the headlights. I purchased a pair off eBay and had nothing but trouble with local bulbs not matching the European sockets. :bash:

I eventually abandoned them and restored the originals. :idunno:

If anyone wants them, they're yours. Pay shipping from SE British Columbia.

A warning to others who may be considering European versions of the headlights. I purchased a pair off eBay and had nothing but trouble with local bulbs not matching the European sockets. :bash:

I eventually abandoned them and restored the originals. :idunno:

If anyone wants them, they're yours. Pay shipping from SE British Columbia.
That is my other option, is to simply install new lights, standard fresnal type, either OEM (expensive) or a quality aftermarket (if there is such a thing).

In any case, I need to do something before spring, as I plan to get some use from this motorhome this year.

Charles

towboatbill

You can go into the Rock Auto catalogue for Dodge, Freightliner, or Mercedes.

Since you don't have your make, model, and year in your signature I used mine - Dodge 2004 3500.

Under Dodge:
HELLA 247005011 {#1EH247005011, 5103598AA}
Left; w/o Fog Lights

HELLA 247005021 {#1EH247005021, 5103599AA}
Right; w/o Fog Lights

Under Freightliner:
HELLA 246040031 {#1EH246040031, 9018202161} Info
Front Left; w/Fog Lights

HELLA 246040041 {#1EH246040041, 9018202261} Info
Front Right; w/Fog Lights

HELLA 246040011 {#1EH246040011, 9018201961} Info
Front Left; w/o Fog Lights

No "Right; w/o Fog Lights" is shown ( I think I've seen this in other parts sources as well)

Hope this helps
--
Bill

Top Bottom