2013 Auto box motor home vibration

Jaytee

More woes with the 2013 Motor Home on a sprinter auto box model.

Only done 14000 miles so still not run in BUT have noticed a slight vibration that is getting worse. If I just jumped in and drove the vehicle I probably wouldn't notice it but being an engineer and sadly a perfectionist I have. The Mercedes garage have had a look but surprise surprise they can't find it or anything wrong.
Trouble is the warranty runs out in a year and Sod's law something will get expensive just after that time. :cry:

The vibration is felt in the body and steering wheel at about the 60 to 65 mph indicated, only on a smooth section of road and only when the engine is neither pulling nor slowing. It's just as you start to come off the throttle before is starts to slow and visa versa.

It was not there when new, seems a bit fast for wheel balance and slow for a prop shaft which is what I would suspect if were it on my old Landrover.

Am inclined to get the rear wheels balanced just in case but any ideas anyone please?

All best John.

agrimog

wheel balance, especially in a motor home that sits for long periods being idle, you will be getting flat spots on the tyres

Top Bottom