Lamp failure comes on when lights are on only in Drive

justified

2011 MB Sprinter Passenger 2500 144 with 124,000 miles (diesel)

So, I've replaced my share of side mirror blinkers, front blinkers, taillight break lights, etc. I'm sitting in my driveway I turn the sprinter on, turn the lights on, no lamp failure indicated. The moment I put it in drive(i'm guessing reverse is the same but i'll have to confirm) the lamp failure light comes on. I've had my wife start the sprinter and put it into drive while I walked around the vehicle to determine what was different, hoping that one 'side' of the vehicle would be different than the other but to no avail. anyone have any ideas on this one?

justified

Well it was due for inspection and i just got it inspected and the guy came back with a low beam headlight was out....now I feel like an idiot for not noticing. Odd. I guess I saw both lights 'on' but didn't notice that or something or who knows...i'm only 38...but maybe my mind is slowly going :) Just reporting back....

It could be worse. My daughter got a warning light on her Pontiac Grand Am. No indication at all that it was a lamp problem.

Took it to my local independent shop. He scanned for codes. Got one but he couldn't identify what it related to. Traced it to a daytime running light which is not even a headlamp on the Grand Am. He dropped the scan price to 50 bucks with apologies because he had a couple hours time into it. Seemed very fair to me.

Turns out that GM isn't required to give you any codes which aren't related to safety or emissions... so they don't. :bash:

... who knows...i'm only 38...but maybe my mind is slowly going :) Just reporting back....
Wait until you're in your 60's. It won't be slowly going it will be running away.

:cheers: vic

Top Bottom