rooftop AC questions

jesusgatos

Have a 2006 140" pass with factory rooftop AC unit. Opened up to look at the filter and saw this thing, just kinda flopping around in there. What is it, how/where should it be mounted, and should anything be hooked up to it?

Another question about this rooftop AC unit. Has anyone modified the wiring so they can run the fan with the vehicle off? Can install something like a fantastic vent, but was thinking it might make sense to use the fan that's already there? Seems to move a decent amount of air, which makes me wonder how much power is takes to run it. Would like to avoid cutting any more holes in the roof if at all possible, and the rooftop AC ducting would make it tricky to install another vent and like the way it brings cold air forward so would rather not remove it.

Attachments

Fixitman

2006 T1N 158in SHR passgr
It looks like a relay to me. If everything is working, then maybe someone left it up there when they were replacing it. It here another one up there that's plugged in?
I would run out and look at mine, but it's in the shop right now.

jesusgatos

Further disassembly revealed where that thing is supposed to be mounted. Looks like it's some kind of thermostat, and there are a couple wires nearby with a jumper between them, looks like someone might have bypassed something? Can anybody tell me what's going on here?

Attachments

jesusgatos

Also realized that the rooftop AC unit doesn't draw in any fresh air, so I decided to add a Fantastic vent to circulate air when the sprinter is parked and the engine isn't running. But the AC ducting runs down the length of the roof, and that complicates things. The vent will end up being hidden by the AC ducting and the controls will be relocated/extended through the AC ducting. Will end up looking very close to stock, with the addition of a few extra switches and knobs.

Attachments

Last edited:

Dougflas

DAD OWNER
Further disassembly revealed where that thing is supposed to be mounted. Looks like it's some kind of thermostat, and there are a couple wires nearby with a jumper between them, looks like someone might have bypassed something? Can anybody tell me what's going on here?

Looks like a thermostat. It is jumpered out. Page 24-37

Attachments

Last edited:

Top Bottom