Part number for tranny seals and electrical socket

Isla

I'm hoping somebody can spare me the headache and potential confusion and passed me part numbers for transmission seals and the electrical socket in my 2003 freightliner sprinter 2500. Ever appreciative for the help!

Sent from the first city on the Mississippi.

Isla

So i should just replace the filter and connection? Is this kit on ebay the right parts? Should i replace the conductor plate too?

http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/281509287166

Sent from the first city on the Mississippi.p

Isla

The reason I'm trying to service my transmission a little bit is because I'm getting a wicked vibration at about 40 miles an hour when I let off the gas. Read a couple other posts were people talk about transmission fluid and seals and drive shaft bearings and the like. There's no reason for me to think the conductor plate is related to that in any way, correct? Just trying to eliminate possibilities.

cahaak

The conductor plate service is a later / last resort. There is a high likelihood that a simple complete fluid and filter change - including a drain of the torque converter will cure your issues. It certainly did on mine. My drive line used to howl at a set temp - one fluid change mostly gone. Completely gone after next fluid change. This especially true if you don't know the service history of the sprinter for the tranny.

Chris

Isla

Anyone got the part number for the torque convert drain washer?

cahaak

In general the Shell 134, was the fluid of choice until it became harder to find a while back. At one point, a few folks on here got it for something like $2/qt for a case of 12. That is what I have in mine, latest MB spec and it works very well.

Chris

Isla

Wow. Somebody's makin a nice mark up on em now i bet. Thanks. This is what ill use

Top Bottom