Surf'N'Track

Paul_E_D

OK, I'm at work daydreaming about my next Sprinter adventure that will get under way the minute I bust out. I have the van loaded with surf gear, my trackbike and gear, food for 5 days, as well as my guitar and some coronas in case I get skunked on the waves.

Heading down the Jersey Shore, Ferry to Delaware, across the Chesapeake VA, and on to NCCar in NC. I've done this once before, bu t I'm stoked because both my van and my trackbike are far more dialed than last year at this time.

Attachments

Paul_E_D

I headed down the Jersey shore looking for waves. Didn't find waves, but bumped into a VERY cool event called the Gentleman's races. I met a buddy there and we caravanned to VA beach. Some windy waves on offer. Warm water made the crappy conditions worth it. LOL

Attachments

Paul_E_D

Conditions were perfect and I turned over 100 laps per day. Then I had to pack up and burn the miles home. The caravan continued on to W VA for 2 days of dirt riding. I'm back in the office... :(

Shibby!

Good looking van.

What awning is that and did it come with the mounting brackets?

I also have a 118 tall. Used as a dirt bike hauler. Some after ride beers under an awning would be nice.

Paul_E_D

Thanks. It's a Fiamma awning. I ordered it with the gutter mounts. I had to bend them slightly for best fit. The set-up wasn't cheap, but it is extremely nice quality. 2 people can deploy/close up in less than 2 minutes. 1 person *can* deploy, but I don't recommend that. It looks great, works great, stands up to wind, and is easy to use.

This and my ARB fridge were my 2 best purchases for the van.

Shibby!

I've been wanting an ARB fridge for some time....

Ive looked into the ARB awhile ago. It was getting poor reviews because like some of their other products they are just renamed units built in similar factories. Often priced at the ARB price point. I'll dig into it again. I don't expect a lot from it if the price is right. Just something thats reasonably easy to set-up and packs away cleanly. Shelter from rain and sun.

Top Bottom