Recall

lindenengineering

There is a re-flash out there on CD16 engines which MB USA are or have been playing poker with I might add.

In this case it concerns the actual operation of the DEF fluid injection and creation of condensation in the the scrubber leading to early failure (by cracking) of the ceramic insulators of the NOx sensors.

I got to hear about it months ago through my contacts at MB UK and confirmed by a tech friend who works at a local dealer here in CO.
When I last presented two CD16 powered Sprinters to both of my local dealerships for the re-flash "both" Service writers claimed they knew nothing about it, but I got one back with J/C-R/O verb age indication it had been preformed.

But then what do Service Writers know!
A strange & peculiar aspect of NA American dealers selling service no matter what the brand. No where else in the world is it like that.
Basically a general factotum to build repair orders and enhance shop profits by often selling you Mr Customer something you don't often need!
BUT in this case it seems they are acting like MI5/MI6 and the three monkey statue!
Orders from M no doubt Mr Bond 007!:lol:

For me (being a bit of a Sherlock) of course there is no smoke without fire (excuse the pun) and the re-flashes I bet like most contain lawful amounts of "legal ease raison 'd etre" like more robust and matters of product improvement etc etc.
Reminds me of another hybrid manufacturer that tacked on like a Washington earmark a re-flash for the Cat I/M 240 monitor on a certain platform when it was also for the ABS and traction control system.
Life goes on!
Dennis

owner

Oz '03 316CDI LWB ex-Ambo Patient Transport
No. CDIx refers to the version or level of control software/hardware in the ECU. It's related to the EURO levels. T1N is CDI2. NAFTA t1N is CDI2.5 changing to CDI3 in 2003. NCV3 began at CDI4. etc. etc.

Top Bottom