LED Lights

skye12

I found replacement LED lights , These are bulbs not the whole lamp assembly . They work great , Twice as bright as the old bulbs. The only problem is they do not pull enough amps for the turn flasher to opperate properly. Any one know if an LED rated flasher is available ?

sikwan

06 Tin Can
When you say it doesn't operate properly, does that mean they blink faster or slower than normal?

larryccf1

i used to see an attachment to make the flashers "flash" with LEDs - went to the site where i buy my LEDs and they've got this notation on the subject - if it helpsr

first - link to their page offering a "load resistor kit" for that purpose as well as replacement flashers - scroll down to bottom of page -

http://www.superbrightleds.com/tail-brake-turn.html

but note the bold print below - you may be able to source one at autozone

http://www.superbrightleds.com/carbulb-notes.htm

Turn signal issues with LED bulbs
LED brake/tail lamps will not flash with thermal flasher units due to their extremely low current draw. Also, with stock flasher units, the turn signals may flash faster than normal (Hyper-Flash).
These installations will require an electronic flasher unit, available in our car bulb shopping category (for some vehicles) or at your auto parts store. Try to find flashers designed to work with LED bulbs, they will say "LED compatible". Often HEAVY DUTY flashers will also work with LED bulbs.

We offer some LED Flashers in our Tail/Brake Turn Signal Bulb category but we do not know which one (if any) will fit your vehicle. You will have to compare the pin-out of your flasher with the pin-outs of the flashers we offer, to see if we have a match, BEFORE you order one. Sorry but we do not have a flasher application list or the expertise to tell you which of our flashers will fit your vehicle.

Another fix is the installation of Load Resistors which are wired across (in parallel with) the turn signal bulbs to simulate the load of a standard filament bulb. We also have these available in our car bulb shopping category.

skye12

Thanks for the info , they do offer the parts I need to cure the problem . I will let you know how it works out .

ojibway

Hi Skye12, I have been using LEDs bulbs in the interior of my James Cook for some time now. They fit into the existing sockets though I have had to leave the glass off. I will eventually replace the flourescent tubes with LEDs when I figure out a good way to replace them without affecting the integrity of the interior design.

Top Bottom