Check engine light ncv3

Cal39

Check engine light has been coming on and off on a 3500 sprinter

I took it up a steep grade around 3000 rpm last weekend to see if that would help but
The check Engine light just came back on. I got an Autel maxidiag 802 code reader and did the updates and Hooked it up to the OBD2 socket.

On an OBD2 scan I get.
U0106 $07e8
lost communication with glow plug module

And on a scan of engine control module, after inputting 906 model and diesel
(never asked for vin number), I get:
Unknown version of control module and gives choice of
1 CRD2_NFZ
2 CR6NFZ

If I choose CR6NFZ I get code P129B00
No LIN message was received from component N1 4/3 (glow output stage)

All other systems past auto scan.

Only other thing I noticed on scanner live data was dpf showed 70% clogged and it just did a regen within 200 mi

Anybody have any ideas where to start?
Or location of glow plug module and how to test.

Thanks!

Rob S

2018 Navion 24G IQ on 2016 Sprinter
I would be tempted to try the new updated glow plug module.

Glow plugs play an integral role in dpf regen cycles.

I had glow plug error messages on mine, and the new module fixed it right up, and gave me about one additional mpg on my 08 Navion.

Only reason I can think is my dpf was also not getting regen'ed properly.

This past winter I was getting an intermittent "check engine" light, with no noticeable deterioration of performance. It would be on for a few days, then go out for a few days. Once the weather warmed up, it didn't come back on. (2014 144" Crew w/v-6). The service dept. recommended that I wait until routine service, which came up in June. Turned out to be a short (apparently intermittent) in the manifold air-pressure sensor. Replaced under warranty, no further issues so far.

Cal39

Thanks for your story.
That is my exact symptom. Im not noticing any performance issues either.
Do you remember what codes were found at the Sevice that lead them to the manifold air pressure sensor.

Top Bottom