Front bumper

Hi,,,,looking to tidy my sprinter up a little, and im thinking a front bumper would be a good place to start, as mine is very tatty and scratched/faded etc!

Im thinking, either a non genuine, standard grey one, which i can for about £70, or something a bit flasher, like this: WHITE FRONT BUMPER

Anyone got any views/ideas/recommendations?

This is my current bumper, as you see, it could do with replacing!

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Hi,,,,looking to tidy my sprinter up a little, and im thinking a front bumper would be a good place to start, as mine is very tatty and scratched/faded etc!

Im thinking, either a non genuine, standard grey one, which i can for about £70, or something a bit flasher, like this: WHITE FRONT BUMPER

Anyone got any views/ideas/recommendations?

This is my current bumper, as you see, it could do with replacing!

Depends on how fussy you are:thinking: Bumpers can be restored at a local plastic restoration shop
Or clean fading bumpers with many products to restore to clean and recolor if required Grey. or two pak painted to suit.
The white bumper is a ground effect attached to existing bumper but glass so be careful, one snezzzzze and it's chipped or cracked.
Richard
NCV same product as Tin
Richard
Mercedes_Sprinter_New_Body_KIt (Large) (Custom).jpg

I did think about that, but think it may be to knackered!.....it doesnt fit properly around the side corners, and the slats above the reg plate are all wonky!

mean_in_green

>2,000,000m in MB vans
Mark,

Typical cost to do the bonnet and bumper £150.

There are more bumper types than you might think - some smooth, some bumpy, some both!

The thin grille "fin" above the number plate is easily bent out of shape if the bumper is mishandled when off the vehicle.

Mine was never quite "straight" from new, I think the paintshop which originally painted the bumper may have been responsible. I took it off and fitted an aluminium support along the rear to bring it back into line. You can just see the button head fasteners in the above image.

Simon

bikergar

Simon

I have a NCV3 and have been thinking about painting the bumpers and beltline. How does the paint hold up to dings and bumps; any problems with peeling?

gary

SPRINTERUK

HERE TO HELP
hi
our experence with non geniune bumpers are that they are a poor fit and the finish is not as good.
a mercedes bumper to suit your van £153.00 grey one
£175.00 ready to be painted
regards
chris

Thanks Simon,,,thats a really good idea what u done with the fins too,,you cant notice!

Still not sure what to do with it tho. The one i have now, doesnt fit on very well at the moment, big gaps between top of bumper and under lights. Not nice and snug fitting like urs! ****, now ive got bumper envy!:rolleyes: lol

Got a price today, £150 for the bumper to be painted. No bonnet.

Thanks for the prices Also Chris. Ive heard the replacement bumpers arent as good quality/fitting too!

Mark

mean_in_green

>2,000,000m in MB vans
How does the paint hold up to dings and bumps; any problems with peeling?

gary
Gary, that bumper's been done twice in eight years, the last time about three years ago. It was originally a "bumpy" one.

+1 on the original being best fit.

Paint seems to last fine, as long as it's prepped correctly.

Last edited:

Top Bottom