PDA

View Full Version : Denver no start issue, help!

JonOfTheJungle
09-11-2015, 08:01 PM
I think i have a fuel delivery issue on my 2002 t1n, possibly worn fuel lines, going to try and change them out on the side of the road but if this isnt it then i need to know where in the denver area is good to call for sprinter service aside from the dealer? Have AAA but would like to get it towed to where its gonna get fixed, not to one shop after another when they give me the runaround or say they can't help me after I'm already there like has happened before. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Cell is area code (7-oh-7) 616-0018

As to the no start, i have changed out the fuel filter even tho its only been about 10k since last time, had been driving fine for thousands of miles cross country til it just randomly wouldn't start back up after a quick stop. It was shaking a bit when trying to start hot, glowplug issue? no codes. water drain plug on old filter seemed to be leaking but even with a new one i still have tons of air bubbles showing in the clear line so it seems to be gulping air somewhere. I do see a little dry rot on the return line and its about the last simple thing i can think to try before getting into more serious stuff like injector heads and whatnot. Need help, anyone in the area that could help that would be great...
Thanks all,
-Jon

lindenengineering
09-11-2015, 08:04 PM
I hate to promote our business on this forum, its not ethical in my opinion.
However since you are stranded you can call me on 720 344 1877 or look for Sprinter Service Denver on your phone app for the 1800 number.
Dennis
Linden Engineering Ibc

Midwestdrifter
09-11-2015, 08:08 PM
I hate to promote our business on this forum, its not ethical in my opinion.
However since you are stranded you can call me on 720 344 1877 or look for Sprinter Service Denver on your phone app for the 1800 number.
Dennis
Linden Engineering Ibc

Dennis knows his stuff. He comes highly recommended on this forum. :thumbup:

LinDen Engineering
1237 Rogers St
Golden, CO
Phone: 720-344-1877

surlyoldbill
09-11-2015, 08:44 PM
Yeah, probably fuel line issues. If it won't start when hot, but starts when cold, it might be a bad injector or two.

Colorado_Al
09-11-2015, 10:55 PM
+1 on Dennis. Get your van to him ASAP.

lindenengineering
09-12-2015, 05:07 PM
For Info.
Guy has a case of the London Evening Standard syndrome--ie crap in the tank!
Plugging up the lines and pick up tubes.

London Evening Standard ???
Back in the 60's truckers would knobble their competition by shoving a rolled up newspaper into the fuel tank of trucks in transport cafes . The paper would fragment and block up the fuel lines causing the same problems as this Sprinter.
More prevalent in the London area we would see them 100 miles west on the A40 when the dirty deed had time to work.

The newspaper acronim stuck with us West Country mechanics apprentices.
Dennis