New To The Forum.

Jay666d

Good evening Guys & Girls, hope you've all had a good weekend! :thumbup:

I've had my Sprinter (NVC3) for about 6 years now and have enjoyed it immensely. Both as a work vehicle and a recreational vehicle.

I have come across this forum before whilst researching Hatcher Bunks. (In the end I made my own!)

I've joined the forum, because I've decided that it's about time I get a new Sprinter... I very much like the new 2015 facelift model and have been looking into it.

Only recently though, I've made the decision to sell my Land Rover... (You may of guessed already where this is going! :whistle:)

I'm now on the look out for a Sprinter 4x4. Preferably MWB, High Top with the Dueliner Pack.

I wondered if there was many people on here from the UK, as most of the posts I've read today seem to be from over the pond?

Anyway, great Forum... I'll see you around!

Jay

lindenengineering

Good evening Guys & Girls, hope you've all had a good weekend! :thumbup:

I've had my Sprinter (NVC3) for about 6 years now and have enjoyed it immensely. Both as a work vehicle and a recreational vehicle.

I have come across this forum before whilst researching Hatcher Bunks. (In the end I made my own!)

I've joined the forum, because I've decided that it's about time I get a new Sprinter... I very much like the new 2015 facelift model and have been looking into it.

Only recently though, I've made the decision to sell my Land Rover... (You may of guessed already where this is going! :whistle:)

I'm now on the look out for a Sprinter 4x4. Preferably MWB, High Top with the Dueliner Pack.

I wondered if there was many people on here from the UK, as most of the posts I've read today seem to be from over the pond?

Anyway, great Forum... I'll see you around!

Jay
Hey Geordie Jay.
Some of us have two feet on both sides of the pond!
I have been wading around on this side for about 30 years in all!

Now I have always had a Landrover a D2 to be exact with 250,000 miles on it, for me good car.
I am curious as to how many quid is the new Sprinter, it always nice to compare how many bucks that is for US readers/forum members.

For interest I have done this with my LR in Idaho, my missus is the budding aviator; hence begs the question could you do this with a high top Sprinter???
Dennis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MOBWrBf8jU

Jay666d

I might be able to pull that off Dennis, but I'll need to borrow your pilot! ;-)

I got a price back today... Spec'd it pretty high and the price came out at around £51k.

I'll have to leave that on the shelf for now! :-/

lindenengineering

I might be able to pull that off Dennis, but I'll need to borrow your pilot! ;-)

I got a price back today... Spec'd it pretty high and the price came out at around £51k.

Jay
Whayaih 51,000 quid is about $77,000 US!:thinking:

Sobering thought!
Cheers Dennis

lindenengineering

Jay well that would be the Missus how long do you need her for?????!!!!!
I can just imagine doing that stunt on the A19!
Would have the rozzers doing a fit!
And you would most likely make the BBC News Tyne and Wear!
Cheers Dennis

Jay666d

Jay well that would be the Missus how long do you need her for?????!!!!!
I can just imagine doing that stunt on the A19!
Would have the rozzers doing a fit!
And you would most likely make the BBC News Tyne and Wear!
Cheers Dennis

Yeah, it's a lot of money alright!

We'd need a decent break in the traffic... Probably best off sticking to America where there's a bit more space to have fun! :bounce:

mr clean

Hello- i dont really know how this site works so here goes. I have a 2018 spring with65k mi. it would not pass smog, it was looking like a new cat might be in order. after finding out how the regen cleaning works i decided to heat the cat with a rose bud torch, in place on the vehicle, i drove to re test at the smog place and it passed with no problem. Savings 1400$. Also the carbon and extra fuel did not go into the crank case mr clean.

Jay666d

Hello- i dont really know how this site works so here goes. I have a 2018 spring with65k mi. it would not pass smog, it was looking like a new cat might be in order. after finding out how the regen cleaning works i decided to heat the cat with a rose bud torch, in place on the vehicle, i drove to re test at the smog place and it passed with no problem. Savings 1400$. Also the carbon and extra fuel did not go into the crank case mr clean.

:wtf:

lindenengineering

This sounds to me like pay me now or pay me later!
Yes you may have dislodged some carbon and yes you may have cleaned it up this time for it to pass!
BUT you still have to keep the monolith clean to a point where the carbon is turned to ash and its all blown out. Some will remain and ultimately clog up the monolith brick.
Whether you have shortened its service life is up to debate at this stage.
Hope it works in the long term
Dennis

NelsonSprinter

Former Nelson BC Sprinter
It's nice to see a time traveler with a 2018 come back to warn us, lol :popcorn:

Top Bottom