Wanted 2015 Sprinter CREW Van STANDARD roof 144 WB.

pilotarix

Hello all,

I am looking for a 2015 Sprinter and try to avoid the ordering process and also get the car a little bit quicker. I look almost every day in autotrader and cars.com, but first off it seems to me that not all available cars are listed there and second the information listed is often incomplete or just wrong. Things like a picture with standard roof and you call the dealership and the car has a high roof. Once I found a crew van with the right color and 4X4 but it was not entirely clear from the text what else was in the car, the text just mentioned the basic features. I called the dealer and he told me that the car is loaded with everything.... but has a high roof.... :cry:

Anyhow, maybe somebody knows a car at a dealer ship or ordered one and doesn't want it anymore and it is close to the below description please let me know.

2015 Sprinter CREW Van STANDARD roof 144 WB.

Must have:
- 4X4 low/high
- rear view camera
- cruise control
- multi function steering wheel
- trailer hitch
- premium non metallic or metallic color, NO WHITE
- roof rails

Should have:
- navigation
- seat heated driver and passenger
- suspension seats

Thanks

Chris

Onefin

This one appears to be a low roof.
I didn't see high listed on the window sticker.
Tons of options, lots of cold weather stuff, not white, swivel heated seats.

https://sprinterguy.files.wordpress...rew-van-144-obsidian-black-63670-fp115008.pdf

I'd assume that finding a 4x4 low roof crew is going to be more difficult than a high roof, and that shouldn't be super easy.
I don't think you will be able to be super choosy with the location of the van.
We bought a new van in Wisconsin and drove it home to San Diego because of options and color requirements.
If I could do it over, I'd just order what I really wanted and wait.

Why the low vs. the high?

We bought a low crew in order to have sportsmobile install a pop-top, and that was a total nightmare. I wish we had a high roof.

Good luck with your search.

pilotarix

Thank you so much for this info. I was really happy, because I thought that I found what I was looking for.
Unfortunately I did not list one big "NO"

NO rear roof air conditioner.

- looks incredibly ugly
- makes it almost impossible to use the roof rack for storage and maybe later for some solar panel

the car has a roof air conditioner.... :cry:

If I could do it over, I'd just order what I really wanted and wait.

Why the low vs. the high?

We bought a low crew in order to have sportsmobile install a pop-top, and that was a total nightmare. I wish we had a high roof.

Good luck with your search.
I am searching because currently l am unhappy with my local dealership, a little more here

https://sprinter-source.com/forums/showpost.php?p=396268&postcount=15

Low roof I will get in my garage .... high roof ... no way, plus personal preference.
I was considering something like a pop top, but here warned me and meanwhile I heard about more than one unhappy costumer.

Thanks
Chris

synergy_58

2009 Navion and 2015 Crew
Get a red one!

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

I ran across only a few low roof units in our search. There was one at the MB in Birmingham, AL store. Managers name is Daniel. There is one at the West Chester store in Ohio. Manager's name Jim.

Check with Brian Fleming at the Durham, NC store, he said he was getting several in about a month; thats not too far off.

As for 4x4's, I saw 2 units for sale...trying to remember where. I'll post later if I find them. I think one was at the Boerne, TX store nd one in IL. Can't say what they had on them for options though.

The Sprinterguy site seems to be a pretty good setup for finding what you are looking for, since he does the searching for you. That said, I ended up ordering mine to get what I wanted in it (2014 hi-roof, 144" Crew).

sailquik

pilotarix,
There is a white 2015 4x4 low top 144" Sprinter just down the road from you.
I almost bought it last Thursday. Test drove it twice. Very well equipped priced pretty
well and ready to go.
Drive over to Sun Motor Cars in Mechanicsburg......it's out on the front of the lot.
Very nice, but I could not figure out what to do with 2 Sprinters and I really like the 2014 I4/7G-Tronic 170" wb with all the
bells and whistles.
If you really want a 144" Crew Van, there are 2 of those in stock, ready to go.
No 4x4 Crew vans in stock right now.
Roger

Last edited:

cacaw

Get a red one! ...
I'm also toying with the idea of getting a low/short for my daily driver. About four years ago, I set out to replace my SUV with a Sprinter and ended up with a Winnebago View. Now, I'm thinking that I too would like to have a Sprinter motorhome and a Sprinter van.

The red looks great!

The red one is nice, there is one in San Jose CA but the dealer doesn't want to trade with my local dealership and I don't want to pay for the transfer.... about 2.5 K $
That's only a few hours north of us, but I couldn't find that listing. Did you happen to save the link?

pfflyer

Other brands of vehicles you go to a dealer and tell them what you want and if they don't have it they search the dealer network to look to see if it is in stock anywhere and transfer it in. Is that not available with MB?

pilotarix

That's only a few hours north of us, but I couldn't find that listing. Did you happen to save the link?

http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/634562995/overview/

I found it on autotrader first, I send the link to my sprinter salesman and he told me that the car is sold. I don't know why but I was not really satisfied with this answer thus I called the dealer in San Jose. Guess what, the car wasn't sold, but they also weren't willing to trade with my dealership here in PA. He told me something from "this car is rare on the market" and they will sell it at their dealership and won't trade with other dealers. Sure I could come to CA and buy it from them.....:rolleyes:

pilotarix

Other brands of vehicles you go to a dealer and tell them what you want and if they don't have it they search the dealer network to look to see if it is in stock anywhere and transfer it in. Is that not available with MB?

As far as my experience goes with MB and normal cars, they do that too. However, currently searching for a Sprinter I get the feeling that they are a kind of reluctant to do that, at both ends. Finding a car that is on the market and trading with other dealerships. As I said, my salesperson was very quick done with searching and then he only talked about ordering.
Don't know why, maybe ordering a new one is the better deal for them?:thinking:

Top Bottom