2015 crew 144...assit handle and electric step Q's

synergy_58

2009 Navion and 2015 Crew
So wife and I finally found a new Sprinter. We bought a bright Jupiter Red, standard roof, 144 crew, and it is nice! It has many options, except it didn't come with any assist handles, any where. I asked the dealer if they could be added and his response was... "I don't know", order some from Sprinter World. So...
Question: If I order the OEM assist handles for the front driver and passenger doors, will they simply (I know, :idunno: I know) bolt into place, or do I have to do some sort of modification to get this done?

I saw some after market ones but they didn't look like they would hold up for very long under the long term use of pulling one self up all the time.

We didn't get an electric step for the side door. I'm thinking this would be nice for my dog, and for me too. Is this something that can be added? are the connecting wires already in place or do I have to stand on my head and spin to get it installed? :hmmm:

So wife and I finally found a new Sprinter. We bought a bright Jupiter Red, standard roof, 144 crew, and it is nice! It has many options, except it didn't come with any assist handles, any where. I asked the dealer if they could be added and his response was... "I don't know", order some from Sprinter World. So...
Question: If I order the OEM assist handles for the front driver and passenger doors, will they simply (I know, :idunno: I know) bolt into place, or do I have to do some sort of modification to get this done?

I saw some after market ones but they didn't look like they would hold up for very long under the long term use of pulling one self up all the time.

We didn't get an electric step for the side door. I'm thinking this would be nice for my dog, and for me too. Is this something that can be added? are the connecting wires already in place or do I have to stand on my head and spin to get it installed? :hmmm:
As for the electric step. I had a salesman tell me its great if you live in Florida but if you have snow and slush to deal with it'll be a pain. And I can tell you he was right.:bash: Wish I just put a nice custom built running board.
As for handles I never seen any on the front passenger/driver entry. If you are thinking of putting one on your entrance at the sliding door you will need to be careful if you have the rooftop air. Because the ac lines run up along the pillar between sliding door and front door.
As for the rear doors. If you order the Mercedes grab handles and screws the wholes are there under the trim.:thumbup:
Good luck
Mike

CheckMax

I would avoid adding grab handles that attach to the door versus the A pillar itself. I have door mounted ones and they swing out when the door is open which is not very convenient.

I also have a Dodge Ram truck with these kinds of grab handles.
http://www.imcoproductsinc.com/page/dodgeramaccesories
Too bad Daimler didn't follow this design (they owned Dodge for these model years) as it is very convenient to pull yourself up and into the cab. (PS My handles have never broken).

...Another product opportunity for some ingenuous plastic molder to make...

Last edited:

Top Bottom