New to this Forum - Re-set oil change light?

snoopeme

I've just found and registered for this forum to find info on my 2014 MB Leisure Travel Van motor home. It has a 3500 MB Sprinter chassis and I've just recently changed the oil and want to re-set the computer to show that I did so and stop a dash light saying it will be due soon. I have viewed this site for some old posts and have tried several of the directions that were given, including a few videos on YouTube, and nothing has worked! I have also seen a few posts that say I'd need some special STAR scanner or something like that to do what I want. So now I'm wondering can I change it or not? Anyone else have a 2014 MB with steering wheel buttons and can you do what I want to do? Or do some models need some special equipment like a MB dealer would only have? Thanks for any help you can give me!

Basic question, but I gots to ask. I assume that you have been using the information in the NCV3 sticky above and not the T1N section.

https://sprinter-source.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8114

Assuming you are using the NCV3 info...
I find that with my T1N reset it is very important to follow the instructions to the letter. For example, with the T1N I must begin by first getting the ASSYST miles to display on my dash. I can't say whether a 2014 needs a scan tool for reset.

Good luck.

vic

snoopeme

Vic.....I am new to this forum so don't assume anything! Lol. I don't even know what ncv3 is...or T1N? What do they mean? That said, I was able to get through to a guy at my MB dealer that works on Sprinters today.....and he walked me through the necessary steps to reset the on board computer! So it can be done! Lol

Thank you for your response...just what I had hoped from a Sprinter forum! Lol

Last edited:

Vic.....I am new to this forum so don't assume anything! Lol. I don't even know what ncv3 is...or T1N? ... Lol
First let me extend you a hale and hearty welcome to the forum. welcome2.gif

The T1N models/body style are NAS aka NAFTA 2001 - 2006. The NCV3 model/body style begins NAS aka NAFTA 2007 - present. You have a NCV3. The T1N has a unibrow above the hood. NCV3 has better trimmed separate eyebrows.

vic

japper

There are quite a few aftermarket scan tools that can reset oil life on Benz and most other makes, even give you enhanced data and other usefull functions. For the price Launch CRP 129 is hard to beat.

Top Bottom