coolant leak

ootbclitw

I've got an '03 2500 that has been leaking coolant narrowed it down or got underneath it and noticed a tube/hose that goes under cover on top of valve/rocker arm cover which I think is the injector assembly. is there a link that shows a fitting that is connected to this hose/tubing?

talkinghorse43

I'm pretty sure that there's no coolant hose in that area. There's a hose coming off the back of the injector valley that's open on the end - that's meant to drain any fuel that collects there due to a leak. There's also a hose going between the top of the engine and the inlet of the turbo, but that's the crancase vent - no coolant there.

ootbclitw

there's a rust residue on the end of the hose/tube which is same color as water in radiator,and after a bit of a drive there's water/colant coming out of it is there a schematic that gives a part breakdown or description?

talkinghorse43

Look here:

http://www.berrysprinter.com/e-Fiche/Model Years/CD4/02-05/03va.PDF

Hard for me to imagine there could be coolant coming out of that open-ended tube. If it's the open-ended tube that you're referring to, then it's much more likely to be fuel. If not fuel, then I guess you could have a bad head gasket or cracked head, etc. Easy enough to check what's going on. Just remove the top plastic cover on the engine and look. It's simple and quick and you won't damage anything. I remove mine at every oil change to check for compression leaks around the injector bases.

Last edited:

Top Bottom