2012 Sprinter 2500 Turbocharger problem

mariozechu

I have a 2012 Sprinter 2500 and my turbocharger stopped working while I was on the highway all of a sudden. it has 295k miles on it and this is the second turbo on the van. The van started losing power and I had to push the gas all the way just to make it accelerate moderately. There was no smoke coming out when we realized it and we drove back home. I rev up the engine now and black/gray smoke comes out. I can still hear the turbo little bit when I rev the engine.We took it to a mechanic and he said the actuator is bad on it. You can't buy the actuator separate from the turbo at the dealership and I'm not looking to spend $3000 at the moment. I took the actuator apart but I can't seem to find anything wrong with it, or maybe I just don't know what to look for. If anyone can help me figure out the problem, please let me know! thanks.

lindenengineering

You may have something else going on and without a full interrogation it hard to comment upon your driveability problems.

That stated you can get an actuator from XS turbo in Ohio. Normally its on an exchange basis and since you have opened it there may not be any value in the core. Nonetheless the actual realm of things, the value of the actuator to you will be about $250 with the core credit.

Now I have used this method thrice this year, twice on Sprinters and once on a diesel E320 with success.
Now beware!
I have a scanner that will do a teach in of the new component so you may find you need some tech help in area once installed since its not always plug 'n play. Wish it was!

However ALL that stated I think you may have a blown turbo or other mechanical condition.
Best of luck
Dennis

MBSprinter170

There is a fella on Ebay that will rebuild the actuator for $150 just send it to him...

Of course some of the reactionary purists would rather see you buy one from the dealer..

He has sold 93 with a good feedback rating and a life time garrantee

I figure it is worth a shot. Or send it to me for free and i will send it to him for my back up. I need one anyways

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/230832892823?ul_noapp=true&chn=ps&lpid=82

Last edited:

showkey

170. You might want to take note, with all the stuff you have changed, more than half might need:

" a scanner that will do a teach in of the new component so you may find you need some tech help in area once installed since its not always plug 'n play. Wish it was!"

The 802 does not do learning .....when devices are not learned they may not code and they not work as they are suppose to......and they may cause the engine to run like crap. Crap being a highly technical term for low power, reduced boost, some sort of undefined LIMP and or vibrations .

lindenengineering

170. You might want to take note, with all the stuff you have changed, more than half might need:

" a scanner that will do a teach in of the new component so you may find you need some tech help in area once installed since its not always plug 'n play. Wish it was!"

The 802 does not do learning .....when devices are not learned they may not code and they not work as they are suppose to......and they may cause the engine to run like crap. Crap being a highly technical term for low power, reduced boost, some sort of undefined LIMP and or vibrations .

and they may cause the engine to run like crap. Crap being a highly technical term for low power, reduced boost, some sort of undefined LIMP and or vibrations .[/QUOTE]

"Exactamentaly":thumbup::laughing:
Dennis

Top Bottom