Where can I find reasonable sprinter service on west coast

Darkfyre13

hello everyone,

I did a search on forums but couldn't find an answer so if it's alReady there I apologize. I bought my van in Atlanta and just called to make an appointments or $20k service and they want $1,000. I called the dealer back home and they said it should be $379 + $270 for fuel filter if it needs it and it's not surprising it's a lot more expensive out here.

Does anyone know of a Sprinter dealer in Northern California, Orgegon, Washington , Idaho, Nevada or Utah that's reasonable?

Thanks in advance

G P

Mike at Noble Motors Inc in Portland Or. 503 431 2369
He is a MB service master, knows he stuff and only works on MB.
Look him up online good reviews.

Rock Doc

I just had a 20k service at MB of Lynnwood in the north Seattle area about a week ago on the 2013 3500 chassis under my 2014 Pleasure Way Plateau TS. It was a little over $700 to have the oil changed, the Fuel filter changed, and the brake fluid changed. (I told them I was quite happy to take care of the DEF myself, so I didn't have them top that off for an exorbitant price.) They did give me a small "customer loyalty" discount on the oil change for being a return customer.

Rock Doc

sailquik

Darkfrye13,
Did you purchase your Sprinter new in Atlanta?
Is it a 2015.....which engine and transmission do you have.
Is it an RV
Check your Maintenance Manual for all the things that get done @ the first 20k "A" Service.
If your Sprinter is older, then there should have been a 10K or 15K first "A" service.
Now all the first "A" and First "B" services are pretty much lumped together and you need a full tire
rotation (should have had that at 10k miles if you want the best tire mileage.
You can shop around, but @ only 20k miles, it might be smart to take it to an Authorized Mercedes Benz
Sprinter dealer as they will have the correct parts and fluid to keep all your warranties intact.
You might save a little $$ by going somewhere else, only to find that they didn't use genuine MB parts
or they didn't use the approved fluids, and now you have issues.
Was this a regular Mercedes Benz dealer, or an Authorized MB Sprinter dealer (a commercial Sprinter dealer
if you can find one).
Hope this helps,
Roger

MBSprinter170

I just had a 20k service at MB of Lynnwood in the north Seattle area about a week ago on the 2013 3500 chassis under my 2014 Pleasure Way Plateau TS. It was a little over $700 to have the oil changed, the Fuel filter changed, and the brake fluid changed. (I told them I was quite happy to take care of the DEF myself, so I didn't have them top that off for an exorbitant price.) They did give me a small "customer loyalty" discount on the oil change for being a return customer.

Rock Doc

There are some fellas at Mercedes auto in Tacoma.

The fellas at European motors in Tacoma are pretty solid.

You can get Mobil 1 5w40 at Walmart that meets the factory spec.

Rock auto has German oil and fuel filters for a good price.

An oil change is .3 time units and a filter change is .5, so anyways.

http://www.mobil.com/USA-English/Lubes/PDS/GLXXENPVLMOMobil1_Formula_M_5W-40.aspx

https://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=2264896&cc=3294412

https://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,carcode,3294412,parttype,6200

The dealership has become an extreme ripoff. You basically paid $500 bucks labor for a 1/2 hours work.

www.partsgeek.com alos has a really good selection of German made parts.

As far as transmission services, Lakewood transmission is the best trans shop in Tacoma...

Do not believe the life time trans fluid BS, change it at 50K at least.

Lakewood has a machine that will suck all the fluid out of the trans and replace it with World Pac FEBI Bilstein fluid.

Here is my shop, but I mostly work on my own stuff or friends cars now...

http://www.stephansautorepair.com/

I am a millionaire and own my shop free and clear, so I dont need to make money just get off my ass

I have 36 years of experience I was an ACe certidied technician and emissions shop. I ran my business as an engine and service shop. My comeback rate was less that .5%....

Last edited:

MBSprinter170

hello everyone,

I did a search on forums but couldn't find an answer so if it's alReady there I apologize. I bought my van in Atlanta and just called to make an appointments or $20k service and they want $1,000. I called the dealer back home and they said it should be $379 + $270 for fuel filter if it needs it and it's not surprising it's a lot more expensive out here.

Does anyone know of a Sprinter dealer in Northern California, Orgegon, Washington , Idaho, Nevada or Utah that's reasonable?

Thanks in advance
European motors in tacoma or Mercedes auto on 112th

European motors has the best customer service and the guy who owns it has been working on MB since he was a kid with his dad...

They are $98 an hour

MB auto is $112

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mobil-1-0W-40-Advanced-Full-Synthetic-Motor-Oil-5-qt./23636902

Last edited by a moderator:

Rock Doc

The dealership has become an extreme ripoff. You basically paid $500 bucks labor for a 1/2 hours work.
I agree they are way overpriced--but less than the independent shop in SeaTac. However, of the $700 or so total dollars I paid, the oil change amounted to $197.13 for parts and labor ($60 "customer loyalty discount"). Fuel filter was $288.28 P&L after $50 "customer loyalty" discount. Brake fluid flush was $187.06 after $20.78 "customer loyalty" discount.

Labor charged was 4.3 "units"--of course I was there for only about 3.5 hours. I do realize the $130.78 of "customer loyalty" is simply a false discount on an overpriced service, anyway. (I fully recognize that when I go to a stealership for service, I'm the one who gets "serviced".)

My plan is to only keep this up until the warranty has expired to help any argument in holding them accountable if any issues arise, then I'll be doing the work myself and keeping receipts for parts/supplies. As it is, I'll have only about one more expense like this to go before the warranty is up.

I think you have good advice on the tranny fluid; I'd much rather be safe than sorry in that department! The way I look at it, if I change it a bit more frequently that is absolutely required, paying that $150 (or less for fluid and filter) more than might be required is one heck of a lot less expen$ive than replacing a transmission and dealing with the catastrophe of a tow from the middle of nowhere!

Rock Doc

Top Bottom