Need Sprinter Guru "To BUY or NOT to BUY"

SprinterHelp

2005 Dudge Sprinter 144
On my third Sprinter, last one bought in February with 94k was 2005 2500 158.
It wAS CONTAMINATED WITH hazmat by my last company, as well as I. I do not drive hazmat.
So one less truck and lost money and work I am getting a NEW TO ME 2004 159 with 120k miles on it.

It has the attached Mercedes Scan codes.
It looks long in the tooth, rust, no emer brake, needs exhaust pipes and muffler, questionable brake line corrosion but no leaks. Has black death spurting from #1 injector, easy fix. Has a definite sound coming out of the oil cap when removed. I believe this is from the #1 inject seal leak. Please tell me if different. it has no outward pressure from worn rings just a definite sound thock thoch not a good rendition of sound.

Christmas tree, ABS, TRACTION CONTROL, and CEL are on. GOt the following codes attached.
I took it out for run and erased the codes with my scangauge II. All stayed off for about ten minutes until I got to stoplight and pumped the brakes. ABS and Traction Control...(TIRE LIGHT) came on. However NO codes came up on my scangauge for the test ride.

The Mercedes dealer gave me the test page???? and I asked for the rest. I was talking to other mechanic that who tested it. He came back with two more pages that were crumpled and thrown away.

$6300 for the vehicle, it was used as a glass truck so in general it was not driven too crazy. Has maintenance up to 100k. Looks like it was parked for awhile.

I am thinking a little work, I am Sprinter wrench friendly and maybe I can squeeze a little blood out of this turnip.

I see alot of codes, maybe need ABS, check sensors first and seems like some bus connections need to be reseated, seems like alot of codes. New brakes probably.

Even with the chuffing it drives very smooth, turbo has about 1 cm play, very quiet. I did not take it on the highway due to the injector. Brakes seem fine without cargo.

Anyone Ferris? anyone.....

Attachments

Top Bottom