Which "euro style" bolts for Sprinter Assortment & how to repair transmission line

Which "euro style" bolts for Sprinter Assortment & how to repair transmission line

The community at this forum is really a kick. I have had so much fun learning how to tackle some of the Sprinter maintenance jobs with great how-tos and excellent technical background. I'm saving the pickle company cash and having a blast.

I've been using the hkpierce's PDF of sikwan's NAG1 fluid change along with Dokto A's tech alert to do a complete fluid change on our 2006. Thanks for putting this info up.

I'm addressing little details that I would have missed, such as a trans drain plug with a smaller flange europarts-sd thanks to more Doktor A info and getting the right 4mm torque convertor drain plug for the '06 instead of just reusing the part. I hope these tips help keep our vans going!

I have 2 questions.

1. Noticed that one of the trans cooler lines(bottom driver side of engine) appeared to have it's bracket flipped, creating an acute angle where the metal line is flanged onto the rubber line before it goes to a hardline in to the cooler. I'm disappointed that the highly regarded shop who did a post-purchase check either did not catch this or reattached this line incorrectly. I flipped the bracket which alleviated the sharp bend at the flange. But I'm wondering what the recommended way to repair this piece is?

I'd like to replace the entire line but am worried about the fitting beings corroded galled and messing things up further with other lines/cooler. I see 3 options.

1. Use a derale fitting. Unfortunately the 3/8 Derale fitting shave horrible reviews on Amazon and Jegs. All their other fittings do not. :wtf:

2. Replace the stock line. Sounds good but this van came from FL and I don't want it make this job and bigger. The trans and AC lines are all rusty. I don't like the idea of the replacing mediocre parts with mediocre parts.

3. Upgrade the replacement line. Dennis reccomends aeroquip. I can find a hydraulic shop nearby or maybe make something.

Any thoughts?
  2. While dropping the pan one of the torx bolts got chewed up at the head. Since I have 2 more vans to do I'd rather not pay $6 a bolt and rely on the flaky local dealer here. (I cannot find a Sprinter tech in the DC area or good dealer, know one?) I've found a source for "euro style bolts" which are tore with a hex head. Exciting.

Besides the m6x30 I need to replace the trans pan bolts what else should I order to round out my T1N spare parts bin?

Re: Which "euro style" bolts for Sprinter Assortment & how to repair transmission lin

Here's a picture of the transnission cooler line that is leaking. This is taken looking in from the driver side front wheel. The bracket has been flipped and the tension alleviated but I'm still unsure about fixing this.

Top Bottom