Trans Fill?

jkd159

There are some good threads covering draining and replacing the transmission fluid. You will need to rotate the engine to line up the torque converter drain plug. Most people replace the transmission electrical connector when they replace the fluid. It is a $10 part and prone to leaking.

To fill the transmission, remove the cap on the filler neck (where the transmission dipstick would be if these things had dipsticks). Use a clean funnel to add fluid. The cap has a red locking pin which needs to be broken to remove the cap. I never replaced my pin, depending on the friction of the cap o-ring to keep it in place. I believe others do the same thing.

The picture below shows the transmission filler cap.

7_h.jpg

Last edited:

nutterbutter

2004 LTV Free Spirit T1N
I was able to get the red locking piece out AND reuse it. There was already a small piece of it cracked off--not sure if that made it easier or harder.

After getting it back in, I found in the bottom of the bag from Europarts a NEW red piece that was included with the kit. Putting red piece into the glove box...

cahaak

You fill through the dipstick hole - there is no factory supplied dipstick. But you can order one off of ebay for about $10. Takes a little while to fill that way.

Chris

Top Bottom