Bathroom Faucet

3mbusa

We have a 2013 Plateau TS, and the bathroom faucet is the pits. :thumbdown: Unfortunately, I think the bathroom faucets are the same in almost all Pleasure-Ways. We are both small people and it still is next to impossible to get your hands under the faucet to wash them. The outlet for the faucet is to low to allow adequate room for you hands above the sink. When I talked with the PW factory they said they were aware of the problem, but had no solution -- still installing them just like they didn't know better. :rolleyes:

We found a child's toy at Walmart that is a small whale that attaches to the faucet and squirts the water upward if you use a rubber band to hold the whale's mouth closed -- very jury rigged and unprofessional looking and doesn't work all that well. :lol:

Has anyone out there found a better solution? :thinking: We have looked at faucets with more of a goose nick spout, however, there is no shower function outlet on these faucets. :hmmm:

Rock Doc

I don't have a good answer on this one--I have a 2014 Pleasure Way Plateau TS, so I do feel your pain. It seems you've found somewhat of a work-around. What we've done as a work-around is that my wife uses the kitchen sink for any sink needs other than a quick hand wash after bathrooming. It is sad that just a little more length on the spout would make it much more usable. Of course, there's still the issue of the medicine cabinet hanging so far over the sink that it also compromises trying to use the bathroom sink even for toothbrushing...

Rock Doc

I'm in the same boat with my 2006 Plateau. You can find a 'normal' bathroom faucet with a longer neck, but it won't have a shower diverter. To use the shower, you'd probably have to modify the end of the hose to screw or fit on the end of the faucet and rig the shower that way. I've been trying to find one in the stores, but it's a bit of a challenge. I've been living with it this long now, and I'm still looking, although not hard. You might try Delta. The other problem is the space for handles. If the handles stick out, they'll hit the wall and won't be able to turn properly. Other than the shower diverter, it's supposed to be a 'normal' 4" faucet. I've given up on finding anything white, so chrome should hopefully look nice - even with a white sink?
Anyways, not much help, but yes, it's been like this since the beginning of the Plateaus at least.

3mbusa

Looks like I will have to be content with my little whale for a while. I also jettisoned the little medicine cabinet for a larger one that I purchased at Lowe's. While installing the new cabinet I raised it higher on the wall for more underside clearance. Thanks for the input guys. :clapping:

Top Bottom