Brake and rotor replacement suggestions

Ortak

I have a 2007 Dodge Sprinter 3500 Itasca Motor home and will be doing a complete brake job on it. I'm looking for suggestions on what are the best brake pads and rotors to buy. Semi metallic, ceramic, etc pads and standard, drilled, etc rotors.
Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Rob S

2018 Navion 24G IQ on 2016 Sprinter
How many miles did you get out of your existing (original) ones?

If as most do you got quite a few miles out of them, why go to anything other than OEM?

Under a heavy RV with an auto trans, I would call anything over 50,000 as very good service life.

smiller

2008 View J (2007 NCV3 3500)
Unless you have been experiencing problems or have something you're trying to correct it is probably safest to not re-engineer the system and just stick with the OEM setup. Not necessarily MB parts, but if you go aftermarket make sure you use a quality manufacturer.

I'm not sure what the stock service life should be in a Sprinter RV, I am at 45k miles and have a lot of lining left, which is kind of surprising. I acquired the vehicle at 32k miles and it's possible the linings were replaced before I got it, or perhaps it's just that the vehicle sees almost exclusively Interstate and rural road duty and rarely any traffic, which helps extend brake life.

tom platt

I got 100,000 miles on original brakes and tires. Stick with OEM.
Still dislike low pedal problem, but we have to live with 1 pump and they work fine.

glas1700

I got ~60K miles on mine and replaced them with OEM pads and rotors from europarts-sd.com. There may be better brake components available, but I'm not willing to try some unknown product.

BTW, cross drilled rotors aren't a good idea on a heavy vehicle because you want the mass of the rotor to dissipate the heat.

larry8061

You say "complete" I hope that includes the hoses.........they can become a MAJOR problem (no I didn't read that in a book).

japper

I have had a great results with NAPA rotors, they have visually more material compared to other parts stores.

Top Bottom