2005 Dodge Sprinter abs esp light on

cadman57

cadman57
Hi I just bought my 2005 dodge sprinter.On the way home the rear end went out had it fixed.He did not unhook anything but when he put it back together the ABS,ESP,TRACTION Lights came on and will not go off brakes are like new but now they are spongy we have bleed them and still spongy.Hooked scanner to it and it scans till it reaches the abs and then it says no communication and stops.Does anybody have a clue what my problem is? Thanks for your help.

NelsonSprinter

Former Nelson BC Sprinter
The lights could be that a wheel speed sensor was moved out of spec distance from tone ring so 1 wheel's speed is not reporting speed, I don't know what the spec is but it's razor blade thin.
The ABS pump might need the code removed before it will work properly?

Last edited:

jmoller99

Own a DAD ODB2 Unit.
The ABS unit needs a special ODBII reader (a DAD will do it, but a generic ODBII reader won't) to set the ABS to 'flush mode'. Maybe there is air there (I suspect that the service person disconnected the brake lines, even though they said they didn't take anything apart).

If you can find someone with a DAD nearby, you may be able to get then stop set this mode while someone pumps the brake lines. Service people who do a lot of work on Sprinters may have a compatible ODBII reader, but they are pretty uncommon outside of people who need the capability.

Top Bottom