Auxiliary Horn Elbow Button

skyeg3

I am trying to modify my van so I can get back on the road after a disability. I'd really like to be able to hit the horn with my elbow on the door panel. Does anybody know how we might wire this? I would like the original horn to work also.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

I am trying to modify my van so I can get back on the road after a disability. I'd really like to be able to hit the horn with my elbow on the door panel. Does anybody know how we might wire this? I would like the original horn to work also.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
The OEM horn button just powers a relay. Any number of momentary contact switches can be paralleled to operate that relay.

Sprinters have powered windows and such which are routed through a pivoting cable assembly from the door to the body cavity. There won't be any extra wires (Mother Mercedes is very frugal with wire), but that route will work for adding a cable.

Once the horn relay coil tap points are selected, overall it should be a pretty basic job for any experienced wireman... or woman

vic

skydiver007

DRB III Owner If You Need
Fairly simple for someone who knows automotive electronics. You are in California, find a reputable car audio store and they will know how to do it.
Basic stuff, just find the horn relay and tap into the coil side of the relay with either 12 volts or ground. Not sure if the horn button in the steering wheel activates the relay with 12volts or ground. Find out and wire your elbow switch with the same and you are done.

Top Bottom