Sound 30 Radio

rstms

Searched "Radio" and found no help. My Sound 30 when tuned to FM station that is drifting in and out in reception quality will take it upon itself to automatically scan for another station if the signal goes away for even a second or two. This is annoying! Is this programmable? And can it be stopped?
Thanks!

rstms

Seems like I may have figured this one out...
With mode setting at FMAS the problem was automatically start looking for a new station if even a brief loss of current station occurred. Changing mode to FM seemed to stop this. Hope this will help someone else...

We tried pioneer and sony radios and found the becker was superior on both am and fm. Neither would receive beyond 15-20 miles around Missoula while the Becker would go 70+ with the same stations. I pretty much just listen to radio for news and weather so I took the aftermarket ones back. The Dodge radio in our truck is better yet for range. If any one knows an aftermarket radio with better reception we would like to try it but the dealers around here say that with all the extras in the aftermarket units, they don't have room for the extra power modules for good long range radio reception. No XM as we need local weather in the mountains. Thanks

Drew.eight

When the shop first installed my Pioneer radio my AM reception was horrible. They gave me the same song and dance "there's a lot of stuff in the radio, and no room for better AM reception". After a few weeks of poor reception I decided to pull the radio out and look around. Turns out that the sprinter has an amplified antenna. There was a blue wire just sitting there. After splicing power to it my radio came alive. I'm sure someone on this forum has the wiring diagram and can confirm the wire and color for your year.

Drew

rlent

If any one knows an aftermarket radio with better reception we would like to try it ...... No XM as we need local weather in the mountains. Thanks
Sirius ? :tongue:

Seriously (pun intended :lol:) ..... consider getting a cheap(er) CB ..... I've got a Uniden PC68Elite - it was like less than $100 (ok $99.95) It receives 7 NOAA weather band channels - with weather alert - which will nearly give ya a heart attack when it goes off (although you can turn that off) ..... it don't get much more local than that. Plus it's handy for finding out what lane to be in when you come up on that construction, accident, etc.

Top Bottom