Updated DAD Diagnostic System - brand new for $250

tgjamin

In short, I was looking to buy a Super Sprinter Diagnostic System (DAD) system but couldn't find anyone that either had them, or was selling them for ridiculous prices.

What I stumbled upon is even better.

I found the original software vendor (CarSoft) who wrote the software found in the DAD system, and even an updated version. The DAD is Sprinter v5.0 where this is v12.0.

For all of those who either can't find a DAD, or want a cheaper and newer version, look no further:

http://www.carsoft.com/single-brand/carsoft-mercedes-v12-system.html

I have not purchased this kit, so contacting the manufacturer might be a good idea to ensure compatibility.

sailquik

Before you get all excited, might be good to do a little checking on members dealings with www.carsoftsales.com.
There were some issues with dealing with this company several years ago.
Several members purchased the Car Soft Unit/software and it did not work at all, nor would Car Soft fix the issues
or refund the purchase price.
Plus there was some sort of threatened litigation against Dr. A personally.
He legitimately bought up older Carsoft Units (applicable to T1N OM-612 and OM-647 Sprinters specifically) from a large fleet
company in Europe, rebranded them and got the whole package working for USA T1N owners, then Car Soft threatened
to sue him but I do not think they ever actually did it.
Let the buyer beware....everything advertised on the internet works perfectly....just as described on the internet.....yeah right!
Roger
P.S.
Check this link:
https://sprinter-source.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15464&highlight=CarSoft
There are quite a few others!

Last edited:

bc339

For those interested in the Carsoft diagnostics, it does look tempting. Please be cautious as this is advertised on a European site and makes no mention that this will work on US or NAFTA Sprinters.

As an example, the DAD and Super DAD does work on the NAFTA Sprinters, but not all features that are listed are operable due to differences in ECU software builds between all the countries.

As Roger mentioned, there are a few members on this forum who bought a newer version from Carsoft and had a very bad experience. If anyone is curious, just use the search for carsoft and have your favorite beverage on hand and some extra time.

Bruce

OK. So I sent an email asking about this working with the NAFTA Sprinter. I just got a call from Carsoft Belgium and he told me it won't work. He did say they have another option that's basically a tablet that will work on many other vehicles also. He said he would sell me that for the same price if I could be used as a reference for the product.

Debating on trying it. Said he was going to call back tomorrow with more info.

MrTomacco

Mr. Tommaco
My xp laptop died and I tried to load DAD 5.0, on Win 7 but the disk is bad. Would Dr. a be the only place to get a new copy? What is his contact info?

fisjon

DO NOT BUY!
I purchased one of these systems (carsoft mercedes v12)after checking with the company that it would work on my van, a 1999 312d. They said it would, but, not only does it not work on my van (it is not even listed in the software) there are software glitches with certain laptops. You have to ring the guy up, his name is Gert, he is very enthusiastic and will try his best to get the software to work on your laptop by getting you to alter the setup on your laptop, this requires writing in the registry of your laptop. So unless you are capable of altering the registry without crashing your laptop, don't even think of buying this system. The entire thing was a waste of time and money, and every time I asked for a refund he came up with a solution to the problem. In the end I just gave up. It is now gathering dust in my office.
Conclusion, it looks good but it is an expensive waste of money.

Last edited:
DO NOT BUY IT.
If you want one. I have one in the basement that you can have for a six pack of beer and the shipping cost. I spent many hours with Gert and got nowhere, ended up getting an Icarsoft that works.

Top Bottom