PDA

View Full Version : Loss of power

tco1947
05-15-2015, 02:00 PM
2005 T1N, OM 647 engine, 67,000 miles

In traffic, needed to change lanes and accelerate. Didn't. Had a similar problem some years ago. It was the turbo resonator. Limped home, slowing down on uphills, regaining speed on down hills. Pulled the resonator and intake hose, both appear to be fine. Air cleaner looks pretty dirty though there was no indication of restricted flow on the air filter change sensor, oil and fuel filter due (not overdue!) for change. Pulled codes with an old Actron(pre 2003) and came up with P0299 "Turbo under boost" and P2A00 "O2 bank 1 sensor 1 range or performance".

Any ideas/suggestions? Would like to get it fixed quick so I can get back on my planned weekend at the Barber Vintage Motor Race this weekend(2.5 hr drive).

surlyoldbill
05-15-2015, 03:50 PM
If not a boost pressure leak, it might be the MAF. I'd look around for signs of boost pressure leak; oily residue on the hose connections, splits in hoses, punctured intercooler, etc. Sometimes the splits or leaks don't open up unless there is boost pressure, so you can't see/hear them when the engine is just idling.

tco1947
05-15-2015, 06:33 PM
Thanks for the ideas. Actually, based on all the other discussions on this site, I went back out and took a look at the intake hose and there was the dreaded crack. I have done a quick fix(tape) and am heading out to the races again, stopping at the dealer(on the way) to pick up parts. I also looked at the EGR valve. When I took the small hose off some mostly clear almost oily fluid came out. What was that and does it matter?