PDA

View Full Version : Is it a good idea?

socalmbcruiser
05-14-2015, 04:42 PM
Hi All,

I've had occasional LHM and inspected MAF, IAT, EGR Valve, etc. Cleaned MAF, Measured Ohm on the IAT to be between 5k-6k, and cleaned EGR Valve. After that the LHM went away with no more Check Engine Light. I will see if this was just a luck and temporary. In the course of checking those sensors, I've found some of the sensors and connectors around IAT are drenched in oil. I am thinking to possibly wrap those sensors/connectors with electrical tape or aluminum tape to further prevent oil intrusion. I'd like you experts to tell me if this is a good idea. Thanks!

cloead
05-14-2015, 05:41 PM
I imagine that oil has to be coming from somewhere? Perhaps oil pushing out of a leaking/split intercooler hose? Which would cause an intermittent LHM (overboost)

surlyoldbill
05-14-2015, 06:51 PM
There is oil vapor in the charge air, and it does cover everything inside the charge air tubing; like the IAT. It's there on purpose, but too much is a bad thing.

cloead
05-15-2015, 12:01 PM
The way I read it (the connectors being drenched) is telling me that the oil is making it's way out of the charge air piping somehow.