PDA

View Full Version : Radio gremlin

Cajun family
05-12-2015, 12:15 AM
This is my first post. I have an 04 passenger. For the radio to work the front a/c has to be on 4 and the rear a/c on high also. Sometimes it goes off when the brakes are applied. Any help would be great.

MercedesGenIn
05-12-2015, 06:51 AM
Hi there,
It is obviously a radio that enjoys speed and likes to be cool!

Seriously though, I would imagine there is a bad connection either to the set or damage to loom within the dashboard, it may have lost or have a poor ground connection. Often when a radio loses its ground wire termination the antenna screen becomes the only available path to chassis and this, in a lot of cases causes a multitude of issues. I think best policy here is to pull the radio and have a good look around at what you can see - sooner rather than later, as there could be other potential problematic electrical shorting going on behind the dash.

Hope that helps,

All the best
Steve

jmoller99
05-12-2015, 01:25 PM
Is this the stock Radio that came in the Sprinter, or, an after market radio? The Stock Radio has a bunch of features that adjust volume levels based on speed - maybe its time to switch to a new radio.

Otherwise, you'll need to monitor the voltage to the radio. You may have dirty fuse contacts (the fuse holders are pretty flimsy in the T1Ns),

Cajun family
05-12-2015, 03:44 PM
Thanks. I'll check those things today.