PDA

View Full Version : Rear door won't unlock from inside or outside

Selimovic
05-11-2015, 03:56 PM
Having an issue with my 03 sprinter 2500 with manual locks. The rear door is currently locked and won't unlock. This issue I can see is that the hook that goes around the latch when it is locked won't come down to unlock but from taking the panel off all the parts of the latch are moving. Do I need a new latch? Really I am more interested in how to take the latch off or open the doors with them currently closed and locked. I appreciate any help. I've searched and can't find any solutions to this issue

Selimovic
05-12-2015, 06:12 PM
Just posting this in case someone were to look back at this thread and encounter the same issue. In my case it is a broken door latch. If you have an issue with your doors being locked such as mine were in this instance you want to do the following. Bend the pin holding the pin latch striker off to the side. Then take a wrench to the pin latch strike and undo it. At this point it will be undone and should come off but since my doors were closed and locked I had to push them out from the inside a little bit until the striker fall out and the doors open. From then you can just undo your latch with the 3 torx screws on the side and replace the assembly.

Tplumbn
05-13-2015, 08:36 PM
I had this problem on my 06 a few years ago. I ordered a new latch assembly and when that came in, I used a short stroke reciprocating saw to cut the large latching bolt in half to gain access to the rest of the assembly.