Brake thingy

ssssSnake

2003 and a 2005 long tall
I have a new (to me) 2005 long tall and was underneath the rear end looking back towards the rear tires and brake caliper and noticed this thingy hanging on brakes. Comparing it to my other 2003 long tall, it looks like some sort of cable comes out of it and go into the caliper. The bolt is broken off in the caliper. Anybody have a clue what it is and what it does?

Many thanks to this invaluable forum!

ssssSnake

Attachments

lindenengineering

Well that thingy I observe is a 'uman hand that tells me much about the owners a life style/occupation!:smilewink:
But holding it is junction block!

That junction block allows the brake wear warning system to communicate with the brake wear sensor! Which is the thing with the white wire going to the the brake pad.
Your vehicle has four of them!
Dennis

ssssSnake

2003 and a 2005 long tall
Well that thingy I observe is a 'uman hand that tells me much about the owners a life style/occupation!:smilewink:
But holding it is junction block!

That junction block allows the brake wear warning system to communicate with the brake wear sensor! Which is the thing with the white wire going to the the brake pad.
Your vehicle has four of them!
Dennis
Its amazing what stories a simple photo can tell! Did you notice the scar behind the thumb? Thanks a bunch! Plan on doing a complete brake job in the near future! THANK YOU!:bow:

Top Bottom