Code P2203

boty313

Im getting code p2203 on my 2002 sprinter.I had several instances during that day where the transmission became stuck in 2nd gear but a simple shutoff/restart resolved it or i can just erase the code with the scanner. I have check the plug, cable and TCM for oil and everything is clean. Now i will like to replace the plastic connector/speed sensor plate. Its this a do it yourself kind of project? how hard is it to take off the valvebody

Capture.JPG

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

hkpierce

'02 140 Hi BlueBlk Pass
I don't know if your code reader is accurate per codes - and does not seem to provide the full fault code, but Sprinter code book for 612s says

Fault codes present in ABS[CAB] control unit:
-001 No communication
-002 CAN message implausible
-004 Torque request from ABS/ASR [CAB] control unit faulty
-008 Not all CAN messages have been received
-016 CAN request from ABS/ASR [CAB] control unit is implausible
-032 CAN request from ABS/ASR [CAB] control unit is implausible

boty313

the code that my scanner is giving me is the same that the local freightliner dealer is gave me. By any chance do you know the values i should get when running a live date of the transmission?

lindenengineering

the code that my scanner is giving me is the same that the local freightliner dealer is gave me. By any chance do you know the values i should get when running a live date of the transmission?
I doubt there is anything wrong with the transmission!
The code is for loss of quote:-
Torque Reduction Message From ABS - CAN Plausibility / No Communication - With Automatic Transmission.
You have ABS related faults or can bus faults in the system!

Could be
Brake light switch, incorrect bulbs in the brake light system , tail/brake lamp shorts within the bulb holder and the circuit to the ABS module for starters.

Dennis

jmoller99

Own a DAD ODB2 Unit.
That error may mean that you have magnetic sludge build up on the Valve Body circuit board (on the speed sensors). There is an article on how to clean it (or change the board) - I put a link in at the bottom of this reply ('Nag1 TECH Alert' up by Doktor A). This board is where your shifting Solenoids are (6 of them - 1 reverse, 5 forward gears). It has some high powered magnets mounted on it that are used to sense speed with - this is a where the sludge collects.

It's not particularly difficult to do, but is quite messy (as you need to pull the transmission pan and the the large aluminum casting that holds the Valve Body board).

Start at the first post and read from there:
https://sprinter-source.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2476

boty313

thank you all for your help. I am going check the brake light to make sure everything is right. I'm also do for a trans oil change, im going to order the valve body and see if i can replace it.

jmoller99

Own a DAD ODB2 Unit.
You may not need it replace the Valve Body circuit board, but just remove the sludge over the magnets (still a messy effort to get to).

boty313

I am changing the Valve Body circuit board anything i need to know before i get started?

Last edited:

Top Bottom