PDA

View Full Version : Remove rear mud flap?

streetworkxs
05-01-2015, 07:10 PM
I have a 2006 3500 and want to remove the rear flaps. Are these riveted in? Do I have to drill them out or can they pop out with force? Thanks!

ECU
05-02-2015, 12:10 AM
Could be wrong, but I don't think that there are any outside body mounting. It is all screwed in in the fender well.

bc339
05-02-2015, 04:44 AM
A rivet on the wheel arch trim, two clips, another rivet on the inside wheel well is all that holds it on. A sharp pocket knife is all that was needed to remove mine when it got torn up by road debris.

To properly remove the rivet, drill out the center of the head, pop it off and the rest will release the mud flap.

Bruce

pfflyer
05-02-2015, 02:03 PM
There were several TIN's that I looked at that were missing all or a couple of the mud flaps so they cant be that hard to remove. Don't know if it came from the factory this way but on my 02 they were held on by the plastic body anchors and some sheet metal screws. One of the fasteners type may have been added later to replace missing ones but was done before I purchased.

EZoilburner
05-02-2015, 03:16 PM
I installed all new mudflaps on mine since I bought it, there was only one left, they do come off easy enough. The trim rubs against the wheel well and slowly creates a bare metal spot that becomes rusted, I'm thinking I will remove all that before I have it painted and leave it that way.