Overhead luggage bins in Sprinter

Ldbenhoff

Down here in Colombia, South America, we recently rode in a 15 passenger Sprinter van that had shelves mounted inside above the windows to hold packages, light luggage, etc. We want these! They were not steel, but something covered in vinyl in sort of an L- shape that tilted slightly toward the wall so things wouldn't fall out easily. They were mounted on the roof's inside metal frame, and also on the metal right above the window. There were partitions every couple of feet They looked like original equipment. Hundreds of these vans are used for transport in this country. Any ideas about who might manufacture them? I have pictures but can't download them---send me a PM and I'll send them. These shelves would really improve the holding capacity by getting stuff off the floor!

d_bertko

I built my own variation of these out of atv ramp sections. Two on the driver's side give 12ft of storage on my 158" 02 and one on the passenger side about half that.

The ramps are 15" wide and strong and light with enough laddered structure to not require a floor. Mine came with a small lip that helps items stay up. They secure to L-track mounted above the windows and along the ceiling.

Truly love the open structure. Van is airier and brighter. Awkward objects like my paddles, skis, broom, tripod, shower rods et al can either fit atop or be strapped to the underside.

Dan

Attachments

pfflyer

I built my own variation of these out of atv ramp sections. Two on the driver's side give 12ft of storage on my 158" 02 and one on the passenger side about half that.

The ramps are 15" wide and strong and light with enough laddered structure to not require a floor. Mine came with a small lip that helps items stay up. They secure to L-track mounted above the windows and along the ceiling.

Truly love the open structure. Van is airier and brighter. Awkward objects like my paddles, skis, broom, tripod, shower rods et al can either fit atop or be strapped to the underside.

Dan
They also don't collect dust.

Top Bottom