PDA

View Full Version : Drivers Seat Back Broken

stp57
04-17-2015, 01:04 PM
I assume some of the weld joints broke loose. How hard would it be to remove the cover and have the frame re-welded? I could hit the junk yard, but I don't know what my chances are of finding a good seat for a 2006?
Steve

jmoller99
04-17-2015, 01:15 PM
I am sure it can be re-welded. I swapped out my original seats for some Toyota seats from a junk yard (I had to made an adapter to fit the new seat bottom to the seat mounts). I gave my old seats away afterwards.

Aqua Puttana
04-17-2015, 01:27 PM
I assume some of the weld joints broke loose. How hard would it be to remove the cover and have the frame re-welded? I could hit the junk yard, but I don't know what my chances are of finding a good seat for a 2006?
Steve
I recall seeing a procedure on seat back cover removal to replace the seat heater unit. I don't recall that it was particularly complex.

If your area is like mine, finding Sprinters in scrap yards is like searching for hens teeth. In your situation I'd swap over the passenger seat back until you can get the other repaired. I believe that works. People have added arm rests to both sides of front seats.

vic